Why do EXTREME fixes seem to be the suggested go to on online forums?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul - Can you PM me where you keep your boat. . . If it is close to Miami- docking fee average ?
My boat is stored in Mirimar and its 90/month. Does that seem reasonable ?
LOL, My boat is in Long Island New York and the docking fees are more like $1,700.00 a month. But don't forget our boating season is only 4 months long. :cool:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
&& I am pointing for an answer from the "experienced reefers" here, #reefsqaud care to chime in?
I’m a little late for the call, (golf courses reopened here in the UK so forgive me, priorities!) but I ‘think‘ I agree with the thread title, there are many extreme fixes suggested and often people follow that advice

The @ReefSquad try and help wherever we can, and often we will give advice and it’s then completely ignored for an answer that to us sometimes seems rather odd, but all we can do is try and help.

Last edited:

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 pages = fun read! I love the conversation but have little to offer except that real live rock from the ocean has made so many tanks successful for me and my past customers! Biodiversity seems to decline over the long run unless you keep adding sources of biodiversity like small pieces of specimen rock, natural seawater, or small amounts of live sand from time to time. Both @Paul B and @Eagle_Steve demonstrate success with their tanks. Wish I was closer to the ocean to tap that resource! Love the advice from @vetteguy53081 as well due to his experience running a local pet store for years. His tanks show that he could overcome the experience and still enjoy the hobby! That is a major win for the enjoyment of a reef tank right there lol!

I never had much success with fish until I stopped prophylactic disease treatment and started to use other methods. I have kept or maintained fish from sharks and rays to seahorses and enjoyed every minute....then I had to find a paying job to pay for retirement lol! I still have to set up a successful SPS tank since that was not a thing when I started my business back in the 80's. By and large this is the best forum for knowledge and discussion even if I run a fowl of the moderators from time to time lol!

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it when someone says their alk is off and their phosphates are higher than they want and i suggest a wc and the person asks how that will help?... lol!
Wow. Good luck to you.
D

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these...

white dots?

explosion GIF

Stigigemla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I tried to sleep in a philippine hotel I was awaked by a gecko screaming Geck - oh. I went to the reception and asked them to take it out. They said we dont like to take it out because it is a very good coworker here. Our tourists here often open the windows over night and the gecko takes all the cockroaches, spiders and insects that would invade Your room.

Last week I did a very big mistake. I changed the UVC bulbs for the quarantine and forgot to switch them on. (monday)
A box with new fishes arrived tuesday. In a few days (friday) I had a massive outbreak of ich with a few dead fishes when I entered the room. I never had an ich outbreak before since I started the quarantine. I just netted out the dead fishes and switched on the UVC. 2 days more it was some dead fishes. Yesterday (thursday) there was not a sign of Ich anymore. With new, starved fishes in bad condition from the transport Ich can spread very quickly.
In my large tank 420 gallons no UVC I have ich too. 1 Acanthurus ngricans have between 5 to 20 spots since a year now it does not spread to other fishes. Apparently Ich is not so invasive if You have your fishes in good condition in a thriving tank.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently Ich is not so invasive if You have your fishes in good condition in a thriving tank.
What a concept. ;)

I like it when people say OMG my alk, salinity or calcium is .0001 different at night than the day. :rolleyes:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back