• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Rok Citi Coralz Growout Extraviganza!!!

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your good people Frank. Check your calender for next year and tellme when you want to go to Rico so I can block the dates

sweet, thanks! Have to see if wife and I can take vacation on the same dates. Wife only gets 1 fixed week during the year. I get 5 weeks but have to bid on them, based on seniority. If the Diablo keeps struggling, you can drop it off next time you guys visit the city. lmk

Avast

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acans are very tempting just after so much bad luck with them its just a no brainer ill invest my money on more chalices :bigsmile: maybe when I start the 120 I might consider doing an acan garden :wink:

AS
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New eye update! The Golden Banshee just sprouted a baby eye. This is the piece that Jai contributed and it's still healing but a new eye is a great sign. The Orange strawberry sherbert also grew out a couple of new eyes. No other updates to be reported. It's been a slow week so far ):

Last edited:
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id rather wait the time 6-8 months so there a nice size then frag them
yes i hear you Bill what i meant to say is the eye spouting in Franks tank is incredible if you hear others comment and say there pieces never grew as too ours that have grown very nicely in a matter of weeks is great news but plus one on waiting to cut nice size chunks off these badboys :bigsmile:

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes i hear you Bill what i meant to say is the eye spouting in Franks tank is incredible if you hear others comment and say there pieces never grew as too ours that have grown very nicely in a matter of weeks is great news but plus one on waiting to cut nice size chunks off these badboys :bigsmile:

I agree with you on that buddy :bigsmile:

Macropora

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Group shots!

098.jpg

096.jpg

095.jpg

094.jpg

093.jpg

092.jpg

090.jpg

100_0899.jpg

Saw Frank's tank last week. Everything is growing well. You're in good hands... :bigsmile:

AS
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ph 8.1
salinity 1026
temps 81-82
Alk 8.5-9
Ca 500
Mg 1500

I had scaled back a bit on my magnesium and calcium and they still went up a little from last week so I'm going to dial it back a bit more. alk is steady, as is the ph. Temps fluctuated a little due to the heat wave by 1 degree but overall everything has been great.

My miami is sprouting a 5th eye and FNF Goku is sprouting a little tiny eye. Great news because I seriously believed this piece was not going to make it in the beginning. On a side note, my Bpc Flamethrower is also showing 1 new eye developing. I find this amazing since it has always been a slow grower for me. Now in the last 2 months, I had 6 eyes grow in. I'm hoping this fever spreads to all the pieces in our growout:bigsmile:. That's it so far on the updates. Anything else pops up and I'll let you guys know.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

m and m

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me give you a little Propagation advice, Cut them frag mountains down. There is no reason why it should grow 1/4 inches down a frag plug its adding many months to the growth plus when you frag it out in the end it will leave you with weird frags.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me give you a little Propagation advice, Cut them frag mountains down. There is no reason why it should grow 1/4 inches down a frag plug its adding many months to the growth plus when you frag it out in the end it will leave you with weird frags.

Thanks for the info! I never thought of that. I'll do that next week when I get my bandsaw in. I wish I'd known this earlier cuz my bahama mama is now a little mountain and extremely difficult to cut :sad: .

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Back