• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Rok Citi Coralz Growout Extraviganza!!!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newest addition! Dnov's setting sun. It's in the shade so I can't take a proper picture of it yet. Thanks Darren!

IMG_8744.jpg

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Frankie knows what I had to go through to get that to his house a freakn quest with the rainstorm and rush hour traffic it was a complete nitemare but after about 2 hours of driving maybe more I finally made it to his pad and boy I was glad to get there. After checkin out the pieces its like nothing but eyes everywhere these gems have more eyes than bodies :bigsmile: idk if that's a good thing or bad. But, all is healthy and thriveing even Frank's jawbreaker is starting to color up nicely :wink:

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Frankie knows what I had to go through to get that to his house a freakn quest with the rainstorm and rush hour traffic it was a complete nitemare but after about 2 hours of driving maybe more I finally made it to his pad and boy I was glad to get there. After checkin out the pieces its like nothing but eyes everywhere these gems have more eyes than bodies :bigsmile: idk if that's a good thing or bad. But, all is healthy and thriveing even Frank's jawbreaker is starting to color up nicely :wink:

I appreciate you going through all that trouble to get here. And thanks for grabbing some frags from me so I could make some room. Friday afternoon is traffic hell but luckily going into the city wasn't too bad. Made it to Queens later but still had a great time. Don't forget to let me know how the saw works. I know Bill is thinking of buying one too. I'm going to use it to cut some of the frag mountains down. There's got to be a way to keep them weighted and still flatten them out. I'll figure something out. Thanks again.

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
salinity 1027-1028
temps 81-82
ph 7.9
alk 8
magnesium 1325
calcium 450

Ok, so the numbers fell a bit this week. Several factors went into this. I closed the window during a storm (hence ph fell to 7.9). I did a thorough tank cleaning and 20 percent water change yesterday (levels took a small dip). I also scaled back a little on my dosing last week. Nothing drastic but water changes do change the numbers a bit. Everything is doing fine. Even though I'm getting great growth of eyes on the frags, the body mass of the frags are going their usual slow rate. Some slower then others ): Jai took like 10 frags and brought them over to his tank so the bioload has lessened a little (freebie zoas and palys, freebie acans and others not in the growout). 2 nice new pieces were added this week, plus a couple of others that Dan has in his tank and will officially add when he gets the chance (he'll be doing written and photo updates on those). I'll do a detailed picture update in a week or two with growth rates and current eye counts. That's it for now. Happy Fathers day Jai and Bill and a good weekend to Dan. Later, Frank.

Last edited:

gonewild34

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok whent to jason foxs house today omg its amazing and pick up some more pieces for the growout i will def. be buying more from him
jf four color watermelon
P6180231.jpg

jf wounder women
P6180230.jpg

reef oydesse aftermath
P6180229.jpg

jf firefox
P6180228.jpg

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok whent to jason foxs house today omg its amazing and pick up some more pieces for the growout i will def. be buying more from him
jf four color watermelon
P6180231.jpg

jf wounder women
P6180230.jpg

reef oydesse aftermath
P6180229.jpg

jf firefox
P6180228.jpg

Sweet additions! I'll officially add them to the growout. Thanks for picking them up Dan and great pics!

Top Shelf Aquatics

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those Gems are Bannanas :tongue::dribble::beauty:1smile1 great job selecting these out guys. Fantastic shots Dan wish I could have met you and checked out your tank but that lfs out by you was a nice stop glad you told me about it and maybe next time I'm in Pa I can stop by

Nutramar Foods

gonewild34

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wish you would of been able to go with me it was amazing i have never seen so many chalices in one tank and he is a really nice guy wehave to plan a trip down there with all of use and make a day out of it and then stop at that pet place ittheworlds largest pet store they havealot of stuff he also thru in a free frag of his glow fingers i forgot to take a pic of it ill get it tonight when i get home

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I was just checking on the frags and saw that the Setting Sun piece we got from Dnov actually has 2 eyes! Thanks again Darren. I can't believe I missed that, lol. It was sitting in the shade when it came in and didn't notice it until I tried feeding last night.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Cultivated Reef
Back