• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Rok Citi Coralz Growout Extraviganza!!!

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! You don't know how frustrated I was yesterday after the browser crashed on me 3 times. My first write up was very detailed and had a couple of sentences on each piece but after being on the computer for 3 hours and achieving nothing, I finally had it. Thanks Lee. It's a great piece, Thanks again. The little guy is definitely hungry all the time. I feed almost every night, maybe take a day off every now and then, but they seem to enjoy it. Once in a blue moon when I mix my foods wrong, they get upset and spit it out after an hour but for the most part, they enjoy it. I'm always trying out new recipes and dosing techniques to help along with the growth.

I also added more info on the latest update. If anyone has any ideas or tips on the ones giving me trouble, please chime in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Group shots!

098.jpg

096.jpg

095.jpg

094.jpg

093.jpg

092.jpg

090.jpg

100_0899.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
salinity 1025-1026
temp 82
ph 7.9-8.1
alk 8.5-9
mag 1450
ca 400-450

Again, my numbers have stayed steady and are where I want them. I'm going to adjust my calcium and magnisium dosing by a small amount but another week or two of testing and I should have my dosing down packed. Once I'm sure I'm dosing correctly for the increased bio-load, I'll scale back on testing only once every 2 weeks (kits are expensive). I did 2 small water changes this week instead of one and all my weekly cleaning rituals. No big changes since my last update so have a good weekend, Frank.

CLICK TO VIEW

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok guys, just got in and had a coupe issues with my tank. My dosing system with the alk tube shifted and was squirting it on the sides of my sump so most was evaporating. The other issue was of course the Calcium Reactor. The flow droped and the guy watching my tank didnt see it so my flow out of the reactor was cut in half. I have a burnt tip on one of my blue tort sps corals. Then I lost a large acan colony from this mysterious disease. I f I lose all my acans I will wait a year before adding another peice

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok guys, just got in and had a coupe issues with my tank. My dosing system with the alk tube shifted and was squirting it on the sides of my sump so most was evaporating. The other issue was of course the Calcium Reactor. The flow droped and the guy watching my tank didnt see it so my flow out of the reactor was cut in half. I have a burnt tip on one of my blue tort sps corals. Then I lost a large acan colony from this mysterious disease. I f I lose all my acans I will wait a year before adding another peice

sorry to hear about that Bill. That really sucks. I hope you get everything back in order and don't suffer any other losses. I've never had luck with acans. I had one colony come in with a disease (this was before dipping) and it spread and killed all my pieces. Since then I've stayed away from acans completely. I won't be taking any vacations this year. I just can't trust my tank care to anyone, especially with the growout going. Let us know if you need anything.

World Wide Corals

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here Bill and Frank I had some nice acans before they all melted I just gave up on them and like a phase they phased out for me and the z's n p's craze kicked into overdrive and know well there's no secret on this thread chalice frenzy all over this thread lol. Hope all goes well with your system and livestock buddy and your absolutely rite about Frank, great reefer there and true friend

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Join the movement!
Back