• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Rok Citi Coralz Growout Extraviganza!!!

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The arc wanted is no longer stressed but it has lost some color. It is eating and healthy and I moved him to partial shade for now. I'm seeing slow growth on many of the pieces. The convict hasn't budged in size, even though I've seen it eat a little bit. The Matrix has lost it's color and is showing white on the skeleton but has started looking way better and is puffing up. I'm sure it will be fine, just a little work needs to go into caring for it. It's in partial shade with a couple of other sensative pieces. The best growth I've seen has come from the Tec watermelon Jai dropped off last week. It's beautiful, bright and eats like a pig. That's it for now and here's a picture of the Matrix looking better then it was yesterday. Trust me, you guys didn't want to see what it looked like yesterday :squigglemouth:

002.jpg

001.jpg

arc wanted, loss of color but healthy and adjusting well.

004-1.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
frank,

Your caring is splended for these corals. You are always imformitive and a joy to talk with. Your attention to deal with water peramiter's , there eating and health up dates keeps us members right in the loop. Where in great hands with you Frank & we will owe you to some fine gems when we tally up.

Bill :bigsmile:

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked over every frag and colony in my tank and I have to say, everything is looking fantastic and healthy. Very happy with how all the pieces have adjusted. Even the Matrix looks great. It has puffed up all the way and only minimal white spots are showing (almost looks like an acan). One of Jai's pieces, Gold Rush is growing a new eye. Not sure if I said it before but the Bahama mama looks like it's growing a 5th eye already. That's 3 new eyes in the last 2 weeks. My Ft has sprouted 5 new eyes in the last 3 weeks. These 2 have been in my system for a while so I know, given time, the frags in our growout will eventually follow suit. All the pieces are showing positive signs of growth except for the convict (that one is slow). I'm still waiting on the My Miami to sprout some new eyes but I have to keep my expectations in check:smile:. Got my new frag rack and it's given me some much needed extra room. I'm also going to try feeding them a special diet starting tonight. Tomorrow I'll post my test numbers and maybe over the weekend I'll take pics of everything. If not then it will defenitely be next week. Have a happy and safe Memorial day weekend everyone!

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got back Frank, Its almost 10pm so I will not call. My chalices are all looking good with the exception of the WWC Diablo. Its a little dull and showing a few white spots. Im a little nervous about this guy

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a 20% water change, cleaned the filters, carbon and skimmer. salinity dropped a bit but still fine after the change. I had increased alk dosing and mag dosing and the numbers reflect where I wanted to be so I'll scale back a little on the dosage and try to level it out. The ph has been steady at 8.2 ever since opening the window (such an easy solution) :bigsmile: It's going to be tougher in the winter though. all in all, i'm happy with the numbers. hopefully the frags will be too. Pictures will have to wait until the end of the week because my wife took the camera with her on vacation.

Salinity 1025-1026
temp 81-82
Magnesium - 1350 (got it back to where I want)
Calcium - 450
alk - 8-8/5 (raised the alk up a bit so I'm going to scale down on the dosing)
ph - 8.2

BRS
Avast
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a little nervous about it, Today I will give all my acans a Iodine bath, and a 80g water change. Im leaving to Puerto Rico tommorow morning but will be logged in at times from down there

Awesome Bill. Hope you and the family have a wonderful vacation. Enjoy!

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Guys, Iwillbe checkingin from time to time. I sent the paypal for the Jason fox stuff

Can't wait for J. Fox pieces to be added. On a side note, some good news. 2 new eyes are forming on the My Miami, making it a total of 4 eyes:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:. Jai's goldrush grew a second eye and the Reefanatics flamethrower has grown 2 new ones also.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Bill one of my favs also just because of it being a different color from all the others I did add the other yellow piece also that I believe Frank says its doing better now :bigsmile: I'm workin on that payment Dan :wink:but also anxious for that addition :dribble:

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 3rd attempt at trying to update this thread with photos. I've lost the last 3 hours of my work due to photobucket crashing my computer so I'm going to keep this one real brief. From now on I will be updating the entire collection once every 3-4 weeks (it is waaaaay tooo much work) but individual pieces will be updated regularly. Everything is doing good, pieces that were hurt or discolored are healing and doing much better. Growth is great on some pieces (my miami + sub zero wm) and non existent on others (goku + convict). Others have minimal or moderate growth. Everything eats except maybe 2-3 pieces. Everything has been photograhed today with the exception of the freebie zoas, freebie wm and freebie acans (no changes in growth). Sorry for being grumpy guys but it's been a very long day. Enjoy my amateur pics.

Goldrush - eats well, medium growth, 2nd eye just popped out.
102.jpg

fnf goku - no eyes, no growth but has colored up and stopped receding.
088.jpg

wwc subzero wm - eats well, great growth, 6 eyes.
085-2.jpg

reef fanatics flamethrower - eats well, great growth and several eyes (4-7).
083.jpg

tiger lily??? eats well, slow growth, beautiful color and design. Another favorite of mine!
080.jpg

sexy corals purlple war coral - eats well, good growth, several eyes.
082.jpg

sexy corals flamethrower favia - several eyes, slow growth but it still is fairly new in my system.
076.jpg

jc sherbert - doesn't eat, slow growth, finicky little guy.
056.jpg

orange strawberry sherbert - eats well, decent growth, hard to photograph. has about 3-4 eyes.
069-2.jpg

golden banashee - 1 large eye, eats well and is healing up nicely. Very vivid colors.
070.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
arc wanted - 2 small eyes, eats well, slow growth
073-2.jpg

rainbow magic - 1 large eye, eats well, medium growth. (my favorite piece of them all)
058.jpg

orange immolation - eats but is still too small, 1 eye, slow growth
051.jpg

doomsday - eats well, decent growth but still small, only one eye.
047-2.jpg

tyree matrix - healed and colored up well, 2 eyes, decent growth.
041-1.jpg

my miami - great growth, eats like a pig, 2 developed eyes and 2 growing in (4 total)
029.jpg

sexy corals pink fame - good growth, tiny frag with one eye, healed well and eats good.
035-2.jpg

Bahama Mama - Little piggy has 5 eyes now and all of them eat. Difficult to cut because of it's shape, good growth.
024.jpg

convict - eats and is nicely colored but does not grow at all. This one is going to take some figuring out.
038-1.jpg

tec wm - eats well, good growth, 3 small eyes.
021.jpg

sexy corals rainbow party - eats well, 6 eyes and good growth.
015.jpg

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pacific East
Back