• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Rok Citi Coralz Growout Extraviganza!!!

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dan, looking good , did you ever get the replacement frag? Nice frags too. Frank you have a lot of peices over there and as you know it takes time to find there sweet spot. Just a little set back bro. Take a deep breath and gather your thoughts :wink:

Last edited:
World Wide Corals

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well said Bill I'm sure Frank worries because those gems are like Family :smile:I'm sure that given the time and some tlc everything will bounce back as for now we have to focus on gettin the Rising Sun and Rainbow Sleeper :xd:

Avast
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefkoi's Red Rimmed Chalice has arrived healthy and he threw a freebie! Both are very healthy and the red rimmed looks fantastic! Too bad you're missing out on this one Jai ): I'll post pics later on today.

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris at Reefkoi sent a golden eye chalice freebie along with his Red Rimmed chalice. Almost no stress at all. Retained it's brightness and the eyes are extremely wicked! I didn't get a good picture of the golden eye but managed a decent red rimmed pic. I also added the original picture that he sent me. Hope he doesn't mind :)

IMG_4744.jpg

009-6.jpg

As you can tell from the pictures, it retained most of it's color, even though stressed from shipping and heat.

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just keeps getting better, wow they look great. I will try some picts tonight when the fireball in the sky goes down and its not like hell outside since my wetroom is accessed form the outside in the back of the house. Im sure my chiller has been runing all frigin day

dude I really dont think ayone else could do a better job than what you are doing. I know that you have hours of work into this grow out when the other guys like me are resting. I truly appreciate all your dedication and devotion to this grow out.It means a lot to me and its good to know Im in good hands.

Last edited:

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris at Reefkoi sent a golden eye chalice freebie along with his Red Rimmed chalice. Almost no stress at all. Retained it's brightness and the eyes are extremely wicked! I didn't get a good picture of the golden eye but managed a decent red rimmed pic. I also added the original picture that he sent me. Hope he doesn't mind :)

IMG_4744.jpg

009-6.jpg

As you can tell from the pictures, it retained most of it's color, even though stressed from shipping and heat.
Yea I appreciate the offer Frank but with money still owed I don't wanna take on anymore until the rising sun comes around or the rainbow sleeper plus:tongue:remember I'm buying another pair of snocassos :xd:and still raising money to fix my car all while being an unemployed father of 2 :sad:

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok the Golden Lep, great color and a decent size peice, eating preety well, forest fire another large frag with a deep red color, good eater as well. bleeding heart has not eat but looks healthy and puffy. Purple watermelon very nice and good eater, great purple color with multiple eyes, Lazor armur looks good eats well, I have a macro lens coming for my Nikkon so I can take some seriuos picts soon

These peices are just Franks and my own. sorry guys but we asked .

Last edited:
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no updates from me. everything has slowed down after the fragging. only 2 pieces that have me worried are the bay corals planet earth (still in recovery mode) and dnov's setting sun (in the shade, very white and thin). I hope with some time, they will both bounce back. The inferno is also still recovering but looking better. Still feeding regularly, this weekend I did my usual cleaning and maintenence and yesterday I did a 10% water change.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok the Golden Lep, great color and a decent size peice, eating preety well, forest fire another large frag with a deep red color, good eater as well. bleeding heart has not eat but looks healthy and puffy. Purple watermelon very nice and good eater, great purple color with multiple eyes, Lazor armur looks good eats well, I have a macro lens coming for my Nikkon so I can take some seriuos picts soon

These peices are just Franks and my own. sorry guys but we asked .
glad to hear you gettin a Macro lens cant wait to see those pics

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting sun looks worse. Disco inferno still recovering and orange immolation steady and starting to color up very slowly. All other pieces are doing well but no changes. I believe all the fragging a couple of weeks ago messed with the water. I did several water changes and put in new filters but the corals aren't as happy as they were before the cutting. The only piece worrying me is the setting sun but as I've said before, I've seen pieces in worse shape before and have brought them back. It might take a couple of months but as long as it lives, I'll be happy.

AquaCave Logo Banner

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting sun looks worse. Disco inferno still recovering and orange immolation steady and starting to color up very slowly. All other pieces are doing well but no changes. I believe all the fragging a couple of weeks ago messed with the water. I did several water changes and put in new filters but the corals aren't as happy as they were before the cutting. The only piece worrying me is the setting sun but as I've said before, I've seen pieces in worse shape before and have brought them back. It might take a couple of months but as long as it lives, I'll be happy.

Dam that settin sun its a tough one ha Frank I've got my fingers crossed buddy hope you can bring it back

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest two beauties arrived today. A little stressed and slightly discolored but absolutely bright and amazing looking. I took some pics (blues only cause it's late) and will officialy add to the growout. Everyone is in on these two so enjoy the pics. also an updated picture of the planet earth. Everything is stable and looking good except for the setting sun. I will be doing a large photo update next week with all the pieces so you guys will see why i'm so worried. anyway, lets focus on the good news and enjoy the pics.

Planet earth stable, still recovering
007-7.jpg

Reefkoi's Green Envy
017-3.jpg

001-12.jpg

LA Reefs Alien Landings

003-6.jpg

016-3.jpg

015-4.jpg

013-3.jpg

group shot

018-3.jpg

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tropic Marin USA
Back