• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Rok Citi Coralz Growout Extraviganza!!!

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YEA Kelby its gotta be imo one of the best growouts ever to be established heck it might go down as the BeSt :tongue: GROWOUT BECAUSE WE AINT DONE YET RISING SUN AND RAINBOW SLEEPER HERE WE COME :xd:

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

myzislow

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!! Great growth on your FT and bahama mama! Is that your original BM piece where my frag came from? I know I've said this before, but your TEC pink wm trips me out dude, not to doubt it's legitimacy, but it looks absolutely nothing like any other TEC pink I've seen. Its amazing looking, though! Just do a google or a search on here for TEC watermelon and youll see what I mean. Ill get a pic of mine for you to see as well.

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!! Great growth on your FT and bahama mama! Is that your original BM piece where my frag came from? I know I've said this before, but your TEC pink wm trips me out dude, not to doubt it's legitimacy, but it looks absolutely nothing like any other TEC pink I've seen. Its amazing looking, though! Just do a google or a search on here for TEC watermelon and youll see what I mean. Ill get a pic of mine for you to see as well.

Thanks. Check bay corals website and their picture looks very similar to ours. I'm giving it a ton of light so maybe that's the difference. This piece came directly from Steve (pnoy) or Icandy in NJ. Check the eyes, that have splashes of pink and green. Unless you can come up with some other id? Bm is the original piece. Both yours and mine are from the same mother colony and source. I'm also giving it a ton of light so it's color is different. same goes for my ft. I get great growth but no white/blue streaks on my bpc ft.

myzislow

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have my FT off to the side in the shade and its developing the white streaks already. Color isn't all that bright tho so maybe I should move it out into the light. So scared to bleach it tho as my radium in the sifiligoi is pretty intense and Ive already cooked a few chalices like my Bazooka joe colony.

Looking at it again I do see some similarities now. Yours just looks os bright and a totally different shade of pink then most TECs I've seen, plus the eyes looked a bit off to me. Either way if it came from pnoy I'm sure its legit and it looks amazing!

gonewild34

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok time for some updates first
jf wounder women got some of its yellow back not a fast grower but has grown alittle but is very healthy
P7190237.jpg

aftermath a full eye has formed now and started to see the other colors forming around the eye this piece is growing good and eats now
P7190238.jpg

jf fire fox piece is doing veryway fast grower and eats like a pighas 4 eyes and looks like a 5th is starting
P7190233.jpg

here are the 3 frags i made for each guy outof my colony frags are doing great and growing fast
P7190245.jpg

this is the rainbow nebula frag i made for the growout it is growing at a steady rate
P7190244.jpg

these are some others that i added to the growout that i will be fraging
P7190241.jpg

P7190240.jpg

P7190243.jpg

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bay Corals Planet Earth finally arrived via Fed Ex at around 6pm, in 94 degree weather. I thought it was dead for sure. The water it came in was 90 degrees. Luckily Hung used a cold pack and sent the frag in a large amount of water. It is a little stressed from everything but I definitely think it will survive and color up. Looks very promising. I added a picture of it, stressed, but still looking pretty good. On a negative note though, the Setting sun is looking worse. It's lost most of its color and is starting to look very depleted. I'm hoping it will make a turnaround but just want to keep you guys posted on it's worsened health. On the other hand the Inferno chalice which I thought was going to die for sure is looking a little better and finally coloring up. I have them all under the shade and will continue to monitor and update as the days go along. I'm trying my best over here, keeping everything well fed, checking the numbers and will continue giving you guys info.
thats it for now.

001-9.jpg

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just need to place the Rising sun in low light. I found it to be a very easy chalice to keep if its in low light. Here is a shot of mine.

IMG_9899 by matsinger2, on Flickr

Thanks. Like an idiot I had it in medium light, no shade and it looked fine for a while. Then all of the sudden it started deteriorating. Now it's sitting in almost complete shade, with very little indirect light. I also replaced one of my white bulbs (ge 6000) with an ati blue plus. I'm hoping the changes and moves didin't come too late. Same thing happened to our orange immolation and disco inferno. The disco inferno is starting to recover and the orange immolation has been steady.

m and m

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move it out of light completely. Let it recover completely in the shade before you move it to low light. Also keep in mind a Blue plus puts out more par and basically brighter then the GE bulb you took out so your definitely should shade it.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok time for some updates first
jf wounder women got some of its yellow back not a fast grower but has grown alittle but is very healthy
P7190237.jpg

aftermath a full eye has formed now and started to see the other colors forming around the eye this piece is growing good and eats now
P7190238.jpg

jf fire fox piece is doing veryway fast grower and eats like a pighas 4 eyes and looks like a 5th is starting
P7190233.jpg

here are the 3 frags i made for each guy outof my colony frags are doing great and growing fast
P7190245.jpg

this is the rainbow nebula frag i made for the growout it is growing at a steady rate
P7190244.jpg

these are some others that i added to the growout that i will be fraging
P7190241.jpg

P7190240.jpg

P7190243.jpg
Great update and shots there Dan appreciate that pal

AquaCave Logo Banner

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bay Corals Planet Earth finally arrived via Fed Ex at around 6pm, in 94 degree weather. I thought it was dead for sure. The water it came in was 90 degrees. Luckily Hung used a cold pack and sent the frag in a large amount of water. It is a little stressed from everything but I definitely think it will survive and color up. Looks very promising. I added a picture of it, stressed, but still looking pretty good. On a negative note though, the Setting sun is looking worse. It's lost most of its color and is starting to look very depleted. I'm hoping it will make a turnaround but just want to keep you guys posted on it's worsened health. On the other hand the Inferno chalice which I thought was going to die for sure is looking a little better and finally coloring up. I have them all under the shade and will continue to monitor and update as the days go along. I'm trying my best over here, keeping everything well fed, checking the numbers and will continue giving you guys info.
thats it for now.

001-9.jpg
I'm sure that gem came to good hands if any tank on the east coast can bring that chalice back to full health it would be yours buddy can't wait to see it when I stop by

myzislow

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the Tec Wm was a great buy when I got it from Pnoy right before he broke down it has great pop imho and holds a pretty good value still to this day
Yeah its probably my favorite watermelon I own at the moment, now that I smoked by bazooka joe colony :(. The eyes pop really hard on it thats for sure. Once again great growout here guys, some amazing pieces to say the least!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
salinity 1027-1028
temps 82-83
magnesium 1350
calcium 500
ph 8.1
alk 9.5-10

I wanted to get my alk higher but now it's time to cut back on it. I'd like to see it at 9-9.5 so I won't cut back too much on the dosing. I'll increase my magnesium dosage a little more since my tank is jam packed now, they must be using it up pretty quick, especially after all the cutting last weekend. everything else is as it should be. My lighting was my biggest worry and I swapped out a white bulb to get lower par and more blue. Hopefully that will help some of these pieces achieve their coloring. Pieces still not colored up are Orange immolation (since day 1), inferno (since day 1), planet earth (stressed during shipping) and the scariest one at the moment (setting sun). All are in the shade and in recovery mode so I'll keep the numbers steady and keep up with my tank upkeeping to help them along. that's it for now. All newly cut frags are doing well.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

World Wide Corals
Back