• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Rok Citi Coralz Growout Extraviganza!!!

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No absolutely not they are cool lookin and for the price they are sweet Frank and I missed out on a great my miami look alike piece for 55 shipped ohwell but thanks for the freebies you contributed pal the rainbow nebula is that a jf piece also not familiar with that one

Oh you are mistaken Jai :) I didn't miss out. That piece was paid for and I'm waiting on confirmation of delivery. Once it gets here healthy, as always, I'll give you guys the choice to put into the growout. Though this time it will be a measly $14 from each of us. I'll keep you guys updated.

World Wide Corals

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I didn't know Frank had that one come to think of it Frank had acouple of gems that he got ride of hmmm I don't know how Frank does it I always keep a pijece of something lol as for the pjiece I thought we missed out on you sly dog you Frank I didn't know you pulled the trigger on that great piece for an even greater price I'm definetly in just add it to my growing bill seems like I have some fraggin to do lol

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next update and testing will be on Saturday afternoon. A few changes, nothing bad except that one of our free paly frags didn't survive. Seems like my tank does great for chalices and favias but zoas and palys suffer. I sent over the freebie acans, chalices and palys to Jai and Bill to take care of and also give me some more room. We now have two official months of the growout and we're getting some great growth, except for the convict which is at a standstill. A couple of pieces need coloring up and the golden banshee is still healing but everything is growing and doing well. There are also a lot of newly added pieces that are still adjusting to the tank and will hopefully start growing as well.

myzislow

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I need to get to feeding my chalices!!! Great pieces and great job on the growout as well. I'm really jealous of the bahamam mama, mine is just a spec from a frag that was receding badly but has stabilized.

You TEC pink looks awfully bright and really uniform in color, a lot different than what I am used to seeing.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I need to get to feeding my chalices!!! Great pieces and great job on the growout as well. I'm really jealous of the bahamam mama, mine is just a spec from a frag that was receding badly but has stabilized.

You TEC pink looks awfully bright and really uniform in color, a lot different than what I am used to seeing.

Thanks! Both the tec wm and BM are getting a ton of light so they are very different from what I'm used to. They seem to be doing well and are easier for me to feed so I'll keep them up on the frag rack for now. I'd probably get better color out of the BM if I moved him down though.

myzislow

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Both the tec wm and BM are getting a ton of light so they are very different from what I'm used to. They seem to be doing well and are easier for me to feed so I'll keep them up on the frag rack for now. I'd probably get better color out of the BM if I moved him down though.
My piece of BM actually originated from you :). I'm going to try and start feeding my chalices regularly and see if that helps with the grwoth. Right now my BM has super small eyes but they are always looking for food so I know its healthy. What do you feed your smaller chalice frags?

Yeah the TEC looks like its straight up glowing bright pink, looks insane. I'm used to seeing it a lighter shade of pink with crazy distinct yellowish/green eyes. I need to get a pic of mine as its looking the best it ever has right now. I got it from Ianiwane back in the day and it has been a touchy chalice for me for some reason.

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My piece of BM actually originated from you :). I'm going to try and start feeding my chalices regularly and see if that helps with the grwoth. Right now my BM has super small eyes but they are always looking for food so I know its healthy. What do you feed your smaller chalice frags?

Yeah the TEC looks like its straight up glowing bright pink, looks insane. I'm used to seeing it a lighter shade of pink with crazy distinct yellowish/green eyes. I need to get a pic of mine as its looking the best it ever has right now. I got it from Ianiwane back in the day and it has been a touchy chalice for me for some reason.

Fauna marin lps food. chopped up mysis, brine shrimp and coral frenzy. Did I sell you a piece and forget to give you feedback? I checked and didn't see it? Or did you get it from someone I sold to? I only sold it to a couple of people and always leave feedback so if I didn't, I apologize. One of my growout partners brought over the tec wm and I've been blasting it with light. It seems to retain it's brightness and is eating like a champ. Very beautiful piece. The Bm is one of my top 5 pieces but still needs to color up some. I cut it a few months back and it still hasn't gotten back to it's full potential but I'm thinking it's because of all the light I'm giving it.

myzislow

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good deal, thanks for the info.

No I didnt buy it directly from you. I obtained it, along with quite a few others from member reefnightmare. The rainbow nebula is one of my favorite pieces!!

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, you were the lucky one, lol. Did you also get the ft from him? Your BM should be as big as mine then? Our frags were about the same size. The rainbow nebula is also a beauty. I lost mine after a fragging (before i got the bandsaw or I dipped) but luckily two of the guys in my growout will hook me up with a piece again.

myzislow

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha yup :) Yeah I grabbed the FT too! The BM had receded on him so it was very tiny when I got it and hasnt grown much at all. Its honestly about the size of a pencil eraser but it has two distinct eyes and accepts food so I'm confident it will pull through. I just need to actually feed it with some regularity rather than once a month lol.

Glad to hear you have another rainbow neb lined up, its awesome!

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stinks about the BM. Shipping to Cali was tough. Everytime I get something shipped from the west coast it suffers heavily. Guess maybe the time difference. I sold him the Ft too. That piece came directly from sexy corals and was the same size as mine. How many eyes is it now? And you definitely have to feed more then once a month :) You wouldn't gain any weight if you ate once a month either, lol. Gl with the pieces!

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting Sun - 2 eyes, very little growth, does not eat, slightly faded edges where new growth is coming in, moved towards shade to improve disposition.
Convict - several miniscule eyes, even less growth, eyes are so small it barely eats anything
Jason Fox 4 color Watermelon - at Dan's
Jason Fox Wounder Woman - at Dan's
Jason Fox Firefox - at Dan's
Reef oddysey AfterMath - at Dan's
Matrix (snipersps) - 2 Grown eyes, 1 coming in. Eats well, colored up nice and healthy
Bahama Mama - 5 Grown eyes, 2 new eyes growing in. Coloring up well, edges growing great, eats like a pig, very healthy
My Miami - 5 Grown eyes, 2-3 new eyes coming in. Rim is starting to push out, growing and eating great. also very healthy.
Orange Immolation - 1 full eye, 1 coming in, still very small but growing slowly, a little faded so sitting in the shade until it gets it's coloring back
Rainbow Magic - 1 full eye, 2 more growing in. Great color, all 3 eyes are eating, good grower.
Doomsday - 1 eye, still very small but has colored up nicely. Not a fast grower.
Strawberry Orange Sherbert - 7-8 eyes, great eater and fast grower.
Arc Wanted - 1-2 very small eyes, very slow grower, mostly purple and red (lost green) but healthy and stable
FnF Goku - 2 very small eyes, small piece but now healthy and growing.
Sexy Corals Pink Flame wm - 1 eye, still small and a finicky eater. Slow grower.
Sexy Corals Rainbow Party - 6-7 eyes, steady grower but it slowed down since I moved it, will move to a new spot.
Reef fanatics flamethrower - several eyes, healthy piece, good eater but and growth is decent.
JC orange sherbert - 2 full eyes, 2 growing in, doesn't eat but is slowly growing and colored up nice.
WWC Subzero Watermelon - 7-9 eyes, eats well, good grower.
WWC Diablo - 2-3 eyes, steady, doesn't eat, good color.
WWC Purple Pillow wm - At Bills
WWC Space Ghost wm - 5-6 eyes, doesn't eat, nice colorful piece.
WWC Situation wm - several eyes, steady, doesn't eat
WWC Stardust - eats a little, steady piece, 3 eyes
WWC Fanta - eats well, starting to color up, good growth
OG golden banshee - 1 full eye and another developing, still healing up but eats well.
crazy swirl watermelon - 1 eye, doesn't eat, slow grower.
Rainbow Nebula - at Dans
Cornbred Bubble gum - at Dans
TEC Watermelon - 3 full eyes, 1 developing, great color, growing and eating well
Goldrush chalice - 1 full eye, 1 growing in, eats well but is a slow grower.
Disco Inferno chalice - 1 eye, still faded from when it was shipped, doesn't eat yet, very slow grower.
Reefkoi Viron Flame - 1 big eye, great eater, coloring up nicely and getting comfortable
Wild unamed colony from me - At Bills
Freebie Purple wm - 1 eye, doesn't eat, very slow growth
freebie acan - At Jai's
Freebie zoas - At Jai's

Zoas weren't doing well in my tank so Jai took them to his and brought back to health but one of the freebie frags didn't make it. That has been my only loss so far. Though the golden banshee is still injured, it is healing slowly. The Orange immolation and Disco Inferno are still faded and sitting in the shade. Wish I'd know the OI didn't like light in the beginning but it is still healthy, eating and growing. Convict and Setting Sun are also shade as they don't like too much light. Everything is doing well and several are growing great but of course we have a couple of slow stubborn ones. It takes a while for some of them to get comfortable in a new environment and some are very sensitive too. As the weeks continue, I will try to find sweet spots for each one but there are so many, it will be difficult. Best thing I can do in the meantime is keep the numbers steady, clean, feed and change the water regularly. Any concerns, thoughts or ideas, please feel free to post or contact me. Planet Earth is probably a week or two away from being delivered from Bay Corals so that will be officially added at a later time. Picture update will be next week. Thanks and hope you all had a good weekend.

AquaCave Logo Banner

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that update was like something out of a reef magazine great job Frankie as for the zoas and acans so far so good pal all doing well here and I'm sure others are haveing success aswell (Bill and Dan) great job guys

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
temps 82-83 degrees
salinity 1.026-1.027
ph - 8.2
alk - 8.5-9
ca - 450-500
mg - 1350

tank is running a little warmer these days due to the hot weather but I've got my ac working, ceiling fan and good circulation so it is all good. All the numbers are nice and steady and the only thing I want to get higher is the magnesium, though 1350 is ideal, chalices enjoy higher numbers. that's all!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

A Reef Creation
Back