• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Rok Citi Coralz Growout Extraviganza!!!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new arrivals yesterday and today include WWC yellow submarine, Snakeskin chalice and Elite Reefs Doppel Ganger. All look healthy and beautiful and hopefully my kodak batteries come in later today or tomorrow and I can add some pics.

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't get a good picture of the doppel ganger so that will have to wait until the photo update in a few days. I was able to get the yellow submarine and snakeskin chalices. Snakeskin was a little more difficult to capture.

yellow submarine
002-5.jpg

snakeskin

009-4.jpg

AS
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangerine Dreams and Strawberry watermelon just arrived a few minutes ago and are growout new additions (pending all payments). A little stressed from shipping but otherwise healthy. Can't get a good picture of the strawberry watermelon, and it is pretty small but it is a very bright piece as you can see. Give them both a week or so to adjust and their true beauty will shine through :bigsmile:

Jason Fox Tangerine Dreams
003-5.jpg

Strawberry Watermelon
005-3.jpg

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture update is complete:wink: Took forever to take pics and they are uploading now. This takes way too long :) This is when I wish the growout were only 5-10 pieces. I believe I got about 90 percent of the growout. Each of you has a couple of pieces in your tanks but the bulk are here. Some pics are decent, while others totally suck but that's because those chalices are towards the back or too low in the tank. Either way I tried my best. I hope you enjoy this update because there won't be another picture update for another month. It's like having another job :cry: Very difficult to do while taking care of my son and is extremely time consuming. Next week Bay corals is delivering the Planet earth chalice so that's something to look forward to. At least we now caught the Tangerine dreams. Nice catch Jai.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo update, in no particular order. please don't post until I finish, it will take me a while to upload everything. And please don't mind the bad pics, my camera sucks pretty bad. I included my BPC FT and while not officially part of the growout, you guys are getting it so I figured you'd want to see the progress.

Arc Wanted 1-2 eyes, slow growth. Gets more colorful in the shade.
111.jpg

WWC Fanta Eats well and is beginning to color up. was a little stressed from shipping.
108.jpg

WWC Space Ghost beautiful piece, great colors, doesn't eat much.
107-1.jpg

WWC Purple Pillow wm slow groth, doesn't eat
086.jpg

WWC Stardust doesn't eat, getting used to my tank.
083-2.jpg

WWC Sub Zero wm eats and grows well. another beauty, several eyes.
082-1.jpg

Reef Fanatics Flamethrower still coloring up and growing steadily
081-1.jpg

Golden Banshee finally showing signs of healing but the left side is a little white so it's going in the shade.
079-1.jpg

Goldrush colored up, eating nicely and growth is steady
073-3.jpg

Tiger lily look alike (we might have to come up with a name for this one, I don't believe it's a tiger lily).
Has 2 grown eyes and I believe another two coming in. slow growth.
072.jpg

Sexy Corals Rainbow Party growth slowed down a little and I have it in lower light so I need to move back up so it can regain them.
067.jpg

Reefkoi Viron Flame coloring up very nicely. one of my faves. eats well, getting comfortable.
066-1.jpg

Reefkoi Viron Flame same as above
063-3.jpg

Tyree Doomsday little guy is still one eye. eats well and colored up nicely.
057-3.jpg

Elite Reefs Doppleganger just arrived so needs time to color up and get adjusted.
054-1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangerine Dreams just arrived today so lets give her some time :bigsmile:
053-2.jpg

Snakeskin Chalice another new one, not eating yet. getting comfortable.
049-1.jpg

UC Halloween doesn't eat. new piece.
048-2.jpg

Yellow Submarine same as above
047-4.jpg

Orange Immolation does not like light at all. very finicky. it is a good eater though and growth is slow but steady. can't wait till it gets happy and colors up.
045-3.jpg

WWC Diablo doesn't eat, in the shade but healthy
044-2.jpg

Convict healthy and colorful, small and is a very very very slow grower.
043-1.jpg

Dnov's Setting Sun lost some color :sad: but steady and hanging out in the shade.
041-2.jpg

FnF Goku 2-3 small eyes, growing well, healthy and happy finally:wink:
026.jpg

Sexy Corals Pink Fame little guy is slowly growing, doesn't eat much but is growing a second eye (didn't even notice until today)
024-3.jpg

Strawberry Watermelon our smallest piece of the growout but extremely bright and vivid. Can't wait until it grows out.
005-3.jpg

Disco Inferno arrived stressed, still stressed. Hates the light so now it's sitting in the shade and I'm hoping for some recovery.
011-4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strawberry Orange Sherbert one of our best growers, eats well, colored up beautifully. This piece is a prime example of how chalices can morph so much under different amounts of par. When it arrived it was almost entirely green, I moved it up and gave it more light. Within a couple of weeks it turned pink. Incredible but this growout is teaching me a lot about these beautiful pieces.
023-2.jpg

Tyree Matrix another amazing piece. eats well, growing 1 or 2 new eyes and looks fantastic now. Colored up great. I thought this piece was agoner when it arrived but after a few weeks, I'm very happy with our purchase.
022-1.jpg

My Miami fast grower, great eater and beautiful piece.
021-1.jpg

BPC Flamethrower One of my faves, even though it hasn't developed the blue/white streaks :cry: . I believe it's getting too much light but it's growing and eating well so it's stay put.
020.jpg

TEC Watermelon Great growth, vivid colors, eats like a pig. 4th eye almost completely grown in. Nice addition Jai!
018-1.jpg

Bahama Mama Eats well, grew another eye and the rim is growing out well. Colors are starting to come in nicely on this mini-colony.
017-1.jpg

Rainbow Magic great eater, fat and happy. Sweet colors and is growing 2 new eyes but be warned, the eyes look like they take a long time to fully develop. Very nice addition to the growout.
015-2.jpg

J Cigar Orange SHerbert Doesn't eat much, steady growth, and grew 1-2 new eyes.
056.jpg

couple of group shots, include the favias, crazy swirl wm and anything I missed.
088-1.jpg

092-2.jpg

094-1.jpg

035-3.jpg

033-4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the most difficult parts of this growout is finding the right spot for each piece. Keeping the colors of these individual pieces or getting the new ones to color up is tricky. each one has it's own needs but unfortunately don't come with instructions. SOme are light lovers, others prefer none at all and depending on their spot, will or will not color up for you. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the pic update and the next one will be in mid august. regular updates will be frequent of course and as always my home is open to any of you or you can reach me by phone or text. have a good weekend, Frank.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back