• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Rok Citi Coralz Growout Extraviganza!!!

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
groupshots of a few missing.

084.jpg

083-3.jpg

082-2.jpg

079-2.jpg

028-2.jpg

027-1.jpg

Last edited:
BRS

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great update Frank I believe you still need to add the reefkoi green nevy and that new piece by Dan into tthe list but I believe we have hit 50 or pretty close to it :tongue: now that's impressive brotha

Top Shelf Aquatics

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem pal what about the cherry corals piece I believe its called thunder and lightning:tongue: I didn't realize I was the only one out on the reefkoi red rimmed piece might have to change that and keep it a group thing :wink:

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what's next guys 100 :wink:and just put this growout as the Biggest and Baddest Growout Ever in R2R history cause idk of any other growout this big :dribble:

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
small update. The bahama mama frag I cut for you guys is not eating so I'm going to give you guys the biggest piece instead (very large eye and eating well) for the growout. Everything else is stable, eating and growing well. You guys already knew we were getting some slow growers and I prepared myself for that but ****, some of these guys are really super duper slow. The list of crawlers are convict, doomsday orange immolation and arc wanted. At least I can see some growth on the arc wanted and orange immolation but the other two seem frozen in time. I don't think we're going to cut the convict or doomsday for a few more months and even then it will probably only be two eyes. So I'm just preparing you guys for this ugly truth. Now I know why these pieces are cut so small when fragged :( Me and Jai got a surprise coming in for you guys next week. I'll post it on the thread when it gets here :) Thankfully we have some decent growers so at least we can reap some benefits from this growout while waiting for the others. That's it for now. Got to do the weekly water, skimmer and filter changes.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Frank,

As for the, convict, doomsday orange immolation and arc wanted when we do the split, I can take these tomy system and further nurse and grow them out to give you a break. Its up to the other members and just a suggestion

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool Bill sounds like a plan I'm sure Frank is right when he says they are snails I'm just glad everything is going well with all these pieces and I'm just like you Bill ill be settin up a 120 just for all these beauties buddy :wink:

gonewild34

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok update time i dont have pics of all the pieces because the battery died
wounder women hasnt really grew (alk was off alittle because of vacation) but is doing good still eating
P8170235.jpg

fire fox doing great grew alittle more and eating good
P8170237.jpg

aftermath doing good grew alittle also it has formed a full eye and has some body around it starting to show all the color now
P8170233.jpg

thunder and lightening
the rim has puffed up alittle so i think it will be ok in its spot
P8100234.jpg

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jai chipped in half with me and we got these two gifts to add to the growout. One is called the caged heat and the other is a replacement of the DIsco Inferno that has been struggling since day 1. Thanks again Travis/Akwarius for the great deal. My pics as always suck but I also added the sellers' picture since it looks better and they are a little off from shipping. Both are hiding in the shade for now. And thanks for the update Dan! Look forward to finally meeting you face to face.

Akwarius's Caged heat and Disco Inferno

discoinfernocagedheat.jpg

003-9.jpg

004-10.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now for test results.

Salinity 102.6
Temps 81-82
alkalinity 8.5
ph 8.2
calcium 450-500
magnesium 1450

I got the salinity back to where I like it after a couple of water changes. I don't like where the alk is. Not sure if it has to do with the water change I did right before testing but I definitely want to get it back up to 9-9.5. I'll increase dosage just a little bit to get it back up. Nothing major, everything is looking good and steady (except for the 3 pieces that have been struggling and sitting in the shade) and growth is starting to show again. I saw a slow down on growth last month but corrective measures were put into place and it's definitely starting to show again. Still not sure if it was the phosban or lighting but as long as it's fixed now, I don't care. That's it for now guys, see ya :)

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I saw those latest additions over the weekend and I gotta say they look great color is holding up and frags look healthy once I get my car fixxed Frank and I plan on goin to Darren's house to pick up that replacement Settin Sun Gem that's just hurting in Franks tank for whatever reason. Darren's lookin us out bigtime with that move. Hope you all had a nice weekend I know mines was considering I'm back to work now :xd:

Last edited:
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news guys, sorry. While feeding the chalice frags tonight I checked each one carefully and the orange immolation looks like it's suffering from something. It looks white and hurt on it's left side a bit. It's not horrible or dying but just doesn't look good and this is definitely impeding growth. I immediately checked my numbers and this is what I got.

temp 81 (has been between 80-82 but for the most part 81)
salinity at 1.026-1.027
calcium steady at 450-500
magnesium at 1450
alk at 9
ph at 8.1-8.2

For the life of me I can't figure out why this piece has been giving me so much trouble. It was doing bad since the beginning but turned around and has been eating regularly. I've kept it in partial shade and it started coloring up so I thought for sure it was fine. Now tonight I check on it and it looks hurt. There is nothing near it so there's no way it could have gotten stung. It hasn't been flipped over or bumped around since I took out all those pesky hermits and snails. Anyway, it's extremely frustrating, especially after thinking for sure it was turned around and doing better. I'll keep a close eye on it but I'm truly stumped on this piece. ANyway, here's a couple of pictures of it so you guys could see for yourself. It's still tiny so any kind of set back is very distressing. If you guys can think of anything I'm not testing or something that may be affecting it, please contact me with your opinions. I know sometimes crap happens but I've been trying to avoid that and keeping the numbers pretty near perfect but it's still happening.

011-9.jpg

023-3.jpg

023-3.jpg

Reef UP

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a6cd08f9-e808-f432.jpg

Hey man I do away with that tube worm first off as they spit out a net of slime to catch/steal their food so my guess is maybe it's been irritating the flesh of the coral by doing this either scrap it off or super clue the opening!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aqua SD
Back