• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Rok Citi Coralz Growout Extraviganza!!!

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a6cd08f9-e808-f432.jpg

Hey man I do away with that tube worm first off as they spit out a net of slime to catch/steal their food so my guess is maybe it's been irritating the flesh of the coral by doing this either scrap it off or super clue the opening!

Aha!!! Definitely not the tube worm, I got plenty of those suckers and their little web don't bother any of my chalices, except to steal food every now and then. Plus I do cut them off whenever I see them. But what you said reminded me that last week I had accidently hit the orange immolation with my pipette while feeding (it was in an awkward spot). I didn't think anything of it until you mentioned the tube worm. This may very well be what irritated the skin and caused it to get a little damaged and white. If that's the case, I'm actually very happy and relieved, since the idiot mistake won't happen again. Thanks so much for posting that or else I would have been stressed and depressed while trying to figure it out. If that's the case then no worries, I'll have it back to health in no time. Sorry for the screw up guys. I didn't think that a small jab from a pipette would stress it that bad but this being one of our most sensitive pieces, I now believe that may be the case.

Nutramar Foods
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd post up some of the pieces that are doing great in our growout. Can't give you guys just the bad news. Remember, this is a gigantic growout and we knew there might be set backs. So while a couple of pieces are having a rough time, the majority are doing fantastic and popping eyes all the time. Anyway, these were taken last night while feeding and I know you guys will be happy with their progress. And remember, this is only a portion of our growout. We have plenty other pieces I can't photograph because of their position in the tank and other pieces in Dan's and Jai's tank.

051-1.jpg

tangerine dreams 1 eye but now 2 eyes and growing a third
054-3.jpg

057-5.jpg

059-2.jpg

065-1.jpg

067-2.jpg

tangerine dreams actually growing a 4th eye already. They take time to develop but this is definitely good news.
069-4.jpg

070-2.jpg

073-4.jpg

FNF Goku. We thought this one was almost lost a couple of times but it's come back with a vegenence. Super healthy and 3 eyes!

074.jpg

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looking chalices guys!

Thanks! We are struggling with a couple of pieces though. Convict receded a little, setting sun is almost agoner and our orange immolation has been struggling since day 1. Growout is over almost 60 pieces so some setbacks were to be expected but it is still a little depressing and stressful. Thank goodness the majority of chalices are doing great.

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
temp 81-82
salinity 1.027-1.028
alk 9
ph 8.3 - 8.4
calcium 450
magnesium 1550-1600

everything is good except my magnesium is still high but to tell you the truth I've heard it said that chalices like higher magnesium. I'm still going to lower it down a little. Ph is also getting higher and I'd like to bring it back to 8.2. Still doing my regular water changes and cleanings but despite all this the convict is definitely in demise. We may lose it in the next day or two, it's barely hanging on and the matrix is still under partial shade but not recovering. Good news though is the orange immolation is getting better and eating again and we've got some new pieces coming in courtesy of wet thumb frags next week from the contest. Dan grabbed a bunch of frags last week and Bill I believe will be swinging by in a week or two and pick up some more. I definitely need help growing and I still need more room. Thanks guys for the support and remember, if you guys have frags from the growout, please update regularly (at least every two weeks) so everyone knows how things are going.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Everything is looking good despite a couple of unfortunate deaths. A couple of new pieces will be added in a week or so, I'll post pics when they get here. I just finished feeding and took some pics so here is another picture update. No details though, I'm way too tired for that.

062-1.jpg

061-1.jpg

060-2.jpg

059-3.jpg

058-2.jpg

057-6.jpg

056-2.jpg

053-3.jpg

046-4.jpg

045-5.jpg

Corals.com

gonewild34

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks good frank sorry i havent updated i have been working mad hours (im at work now ) but all the time i do have goes to the tank everything is looking really good the alien landing got all its color back and grew alittle the wwc pieces seem to like my tank they are really doing good the wounder women i though was a gonner but it stopped receeding and got alittle of its rim back i picked up some pieces and added them to the growout i hope to get pics up sunday night sorry for the long update PS the freebie we got from klr is on steriods and growing like crazy its becoming one of my favorate pieces

Top Shelf Aquatics

KLR

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks good frank sorry i havent updated i have been working mad hours (im at work now ) but all the time i do have goes to the tank everything is looking really good the alien landing got all its color back and grew alittle the wwc pieces seem to like my tank they are really doing good the wounder women i though was a gonner but it stopped receeding and got alittle of its rim back i picked up some pieces and added them to the growout i hope to get pics up sunday night sorry for the long update PS the freebie we got from klr is on steriods and growing like crazy its becoming one of my favorate pieces

The Isle Eyes? I want to see a picture! you all are the 1st people,beside myself,to own it! Im glad to hear it is doing well!

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Bill! Sounds good Dan, looking forward to the pics and that's great to hear about the pieces! Kelby, how are you? Unfortunately the blue magic never got better since it's arrived and looks like it's going to be our next casualty. Trying to feed it as much as possible but the white just continues to spread out. Even the shade didn't help it.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Visit Detroit Reef Club
Back