so what's the deal with my purple tang and fire shrimp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
B

Ballyhoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol yeah the skimmers scammer maybe was a bit grandstanding, but that was a different thread. And it was just about my experiences going through a learning curve with the protein scammer, i mean skimmer. Which of course I love my skimmer but that's something different. It's just learning and different sources of information. I go to LFS and ask a question and it's like "maybe or maybe not". And that's how everything else is . The best alternative would've been for me just to throw some live rock and live sand in my aquarium and let it sit there for six months, but I just could not bare that .

add,but then some people say live rock is bad and it could bring some What do you call hitchhikers and you have to start with dry rock. See there's no one answer.

RockRash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol yeah the skimmers scammer maybe was a bit grandstanding, but that was a different thread. And it was just about my experiences going through a learning curve with the protein scammer, i mean skimmer. Which of course I love my skimmer but that's something different. It's just learning and different sources of information. I go to LFS and ask a question and it's like "maybe or maybe not". And that's how everything else is . The best alternative would've been for me just to throw some live rock and live sand in my aquarium and let it sit there for six months, but I just could not bare that .

add,but then some people say live rock is bad and it could bring some What do you call hitchhikers and you have to start with dry rock. See there's no one answer.
Different threads yes, however it doesn't change the impression you make. People remember that stuff. Why would they continue offering advice if it's just ignored.
There isn't just one way to bake a pie ether. I can use lard, butter or crisco in the crust it will all work but each one will be different. Same with this hobby. There are multiple paths to a successful tank. People offer suggestions it's your job to listen and read then decided the best path for you. Arguing with people here about their suggestion will get you nothing but the ignore button.

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

The answers you are given are based on decades of experience and trial and error. The people giving advice, myself included, have been doing this for a long time. 23-24 years from me personally. I have kept a Tang in a 36 inch tank in my early days. I know what happens.

All I can say is there are things you don’t understand and yes some concepts and things are hard to explain and teach, but just because you don’t understand or because something isn’t explained well enough, that doesn’t mean the overall message or lesson is invalid.

You are being given shortcuts to success - do this and you will succeed. Do this and you will have problems. You are being given the answers you need without having to learn from issues or worse, losses of life.

We want you to succeed. Truly. We do. It might not be the best ways to communicate with you, everyone learns in different ways, but it’s an Internet forum and people are blunt sometimes because they don’t have time to write a novel. They sometimes skip to the last chapter and tell you how things will end if you do A vs B or C

Last edited by a moderator:

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truth hurts sometimes but individuals like you have no business being in the hobby. You were offered solid advice in multiple threads and chose to ignore it and point fingers and blame elsewhere then tried to rationalize your poor decisions with absolute disregard for your live stock. You will never be successful in this hobby and hopefully fish can avoid you when you walk into the LFS

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

Ballyhoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude, whatever I am already successful even though I've only been in it for 10 weeks my tank is exactly where it should be for 10 weeks according to where I want it. For you to tell someone they will not be successful, to try to hit them on the ground and discourage them. What kind of human being are you? I will not be successful? I absolutely 100% will be successful. Who are you to tell me whether I will or it will not be successful.? Are you God? No you're just a poor excuse of a member on this thread who likes to degrade other people.

here is my tank as it stands right now you can criticize it as much as you want, point out flaws, but I like it and everything is chosen specifically for a reason it's only 10 weeks old and not fully cycled or matured, but it will be, and it will flourish.
sure criticize my starfish decoys that I use to collect floating dyno etc, but at least I'm doing something to protect my coral and same thing for the faded out SPS. Everything has a purpose in my tank and it's only 10 weeks old. It will flourish and be an awesome mixed reef tank in one or two years from now. I'm very happy for where it's at after just 10 weeks.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are killing me. Wanna at least try to keep it civil??

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1718939299494.gif

OP
OP
B

Ballyhoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i got my point across. for those who have provided genuine information and advice please know I am indeed grateful. IDK how this thread got so toxic but I will accept my share in that

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread is now closed. Reef2Reef advocates the responsible and ethical care for the animals we keep in our tanks. We appreciate those of you who have participated in this conversation to advocate for such care.

Here is a helpful read on determining adequate tank size/swimming space for any fish you acquire: Estimating the Need for Swimming Space for Aquarium Fishes by Fish Care Expert, @Jay Hemdal.

If you have questions about treating a fish suffering from a disease or parasite, please see the resources in our Fish Disease and Treatment Forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back