Randy is leaving BRS?

andrejk

lapsed salt tank geek learning it all again now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand that guy straight up left Montana and showed up at BRS and basically demanded a job there lol... Interesting the change of heart.
Wasn’t it Missouri.. KC? I thought he said that in a video talking about how he got there.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this mean I won't get those loud annoying commercials in between my utube music now?! HI ITS RANDY AGAIN AT BRS AND TODAY WE ARE TRYING OUT THE ALL NEW BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH. LOL.

Lol
D

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this mean I won't get those loud annoying commercials in between my utube music now?! HI ITS RANDY AGAIN AT BRS AND TODAY WE ARE TRYING OUT THE ALL NEW BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH. LOL.

Lol
D
I haven't had that happen before but it's been awhile since I've listened to YT Music. I think any commercial would ruin the zen of listening to the music. :)

underthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think one thing a lot of people are missing from Randy's perspective is that over the last several years they've ended up covering most main topics out there with Randy's videos and investigates. Yes of course there's always more knowledge to be gained but already some of their videos have been repeating information for awhile now. It was awesome what he did, and will continue to be there to impact and help many reefers, but he probably saw that the journey has run its course exploring this world and creating new relevant topics. I personally don't really think there will be a "Randy replacement" for this reason as many are assuming there will be.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think one thing a lot of people are missing from Randy's perspective is that over the last several years they've ended up covering most main topics out there with Randy's videos and investigates. Yes of course there's always more knowledge to be gained but already some of their videos have been repeating information for awhile now. It was awesome what he did, and will continue to be there to impact and help many reefers, but probably saw that the journey has run its course exploring this world and creating new relevant topics. I personally don't really think there will be a "Randy replacement" for this reason as many are assuming there will be.
I agree that there has been a lot of repeated information. That being said, they also need to contend with the YouTube algorithm to stay relevant on that platform and have the information pushed out to new viewers. It is a good thing. Just because it has been said before does not reduce its importance. I hope there is a fresh direction for the chanel after this change to help it feel new though.

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think one thing a lot of people are missing from Randy's perspective is that over the last several years they've ended up covering most main topics out there with Randy's videos and investigates. Yes of course there's always more knowledge to be gained but already some of their videos have been repeating information for awhile now. It was awesome what he did, and will continue to be there to impact and help many reefers, but he probably saw that the journey has run its course exploring this world and creating new relevant topics. I personally don't really think there will be a "Randy replacement" for this reason as many are assuming there will be.
I agree with @Sean Clark that they have to keep producing stuff to remain relevant and stay in the search results. I also think people don't realize how quickly stuff changes when you're in it day to day especially when your tank is in coast mode. I have stopped watching most videos related to equipment, etc. because I'm done adding to my tank. I tend to read more stuff about livestock now. Take a look at all the threads where people return after some years away and the title of their post is "been away for x years and wow have things changed" and we're not talking they've been away for decades. It seems like a lot are less than 10 yrs away. With the hardware always changing or being upgraded there is always the need for new videos to be made for that.

I think you could be right that they don't replace Randy, at least not right away. :)

underthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that there has been a lot of repeated information. That being said, they also need to contend with the YouTube algorithm to stay relevant on that platform and have the information pushed out to new viewers. It is a good thing. Just because it has been said before does not reduce its importance. I hope there is a fresh direction for the chanel after this change to help it feel new though.
I agree with @Sean Clark that they have to keep producing stuff to remain relevant and stay in the search results. I also think people don't realize how quickly stuff changes when you're in it day to day especially when your tank is in coast mode. I have stopped watching most videos related to equipment, etc. because I'm done adding to my tank. I tend to read more stuff about livestock now. Take a look at all the threads where people return after some years away and the title of their post is "been away for x years and wow have things changed" and we're not talking they've been away for decades. It seems like a lot are less than 10 yrs away. With the hardware always changing or being upgraded there is always the need for new videos to be made for that.

I think you could be right that they don't replace Randy, at least not right away. :)
Yea that is totally true too and I almost always still watch them again even if it is repeated information. :D Perfect example. Lol. BRS will definitely still make content to stay relevant. And people like me will likely still watch and reinforce information and continue learning new stuff. I just think Randy was smart and saw that he largely fulfilled his purpose exploring tons of previously uncharted space in the reefing world that had now been completed for the time being. He said himself he likes learning and conquering new challenges and move on to the next. I enjoyed his time and education he shared and wish him all the best. :) I'm definitely going to be checking out his new channel from time to time.

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that is totally true too and I almost always still watch them again even if it is repeated information. :D Perfect example. Lol. BRS will definitely still make content to stay relevant. And people like me will likely still watch and reinforce information and continue learning new stuff. I just think Randy was smart and saw that he largely fulfilled his purpose exploring tons of previously uncharted space in the reefing world that had now been completed for the time being. He said himself he likes learning and conquering new challenges and move on to the next. I enjoyed his time and education he shared and wish him all the best. :) I'm definitely going to be checking out his new channel from time to time.
Exactly. I used to job hop every two years just to keep building my knowledge and experience.

Smoke-Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised at how many people prefer hearing randy speak then Ryan. I like them both but always wanted them to stay separate. I get people not liking the stoner pauses but that doesn't bother me at all. I love hearing him speak and always hated when randy would step in and just repeat something that was said previously. I think they both shine better alone. I look forward to solo Ryan videos. Or maybe Ryan and Jenn... idk what happen3d to her. Thought she was going to be more involved with the content and not just product reviews and insta tank transplants

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised at how many people prefer hearing randy speak then Ryan. I like them both but always wanted them to stay separate. I get people not liking the stoner pauses but that doesn't bother me at all. I love hearing him speak and always hated when randy would step in and just repeat something that was said previously. I think they both shine better alone. I look forward to solo Ryan videos. Or maybe Ryan and Jenn... idk what happen3d to her. Thought she was going to be more involved with the content and not just product reviews and insta tank transplants
It will be interesting to see the direction they take. I haven't heard/seen anything from them about this. Maybe they're looking at Jenn or Thomas to fill the role or someone from the outside or maybe they will just roll with the way it is now.

Smoke-Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been waiting to finally see Ryan do some solo videos. Haven't seen a thing since randy left tho unfortunately. Hope he gets up and running again soon

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been waiting to finally see Ryan do some solo videos. Haven't seen a thing since randy left tho unfortunately. Hope he gets up and running again soon
The last solo video I saw from Ryan was when the whole vibrant is actually algicide proof came out. They removed it by the next morning.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back