• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

CHERRY's ACAN GROW OUT!!!!!

CLICK TO VIEW

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soo....we should figure out how we're going to proceed here. We've all got a lot of $ invested here and the lack of updates is killing me.

+1 to this. I only went in on a couple of the grow outs but being a college student every dollar counts. There is far too much invested here on everyone's behalf for such spotty and ill informed updates.

I think the grow out members should consider fragging what is ready and relocating that half to a new tank or completely relocate the grow out entirely. We need a firm commitment by a majority of members for this, and then a concrete commitment for weekly to bi weekly photo updates for the duration of the grow out.

I might add as food for thought, that I live roughly 6-8 hours away from Reef Up and would offer my tank as a new home for the grow out. I have 38+ morphs of acan lords that grow at a steady rate. This is just a consideration for the grow out members, but I do feel that some action is required.

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brannock are you close to him? You are both in Idaho and I believe that state is about the size of Rhode Island so you must be close. Lol. Maybe you can take over?

Haha...maybe a bit larger but it is obtainable to meet halfway. I would like to get a majority of grow out members to commit to any changes before taking action. I want what is in the best interet for all members involved as well as the pieces in the grow out.

World Wide Corals

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in no rush and whatever the group decides is fine with me.

I normally wouldn't worried but I've been in a growout that went downhill with no communication and am hosting one myself that hasn't gone well so I know how fast things can change. Communication is key, we all know life happens but weeks between updates is too long for me when this much $ is involved.

Keep in mind the grower also has to have enough room to frag these guys. It's going to take a lot of time, space and organization.

Last edited:

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Brannock_16 in this growout? So who are in this growout, can't recall.

I am not in the original grow out but I did invest in a few of the later additions. I asked luv my acans if it was okay and then he posed the question to the rest of the members. I believe he has the communications regarding this, and there should be some in this thread concerning this as well.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to bother Troylee but I know he contacted him last time, I'll shoot a PM to Lee and see if he would mind shooting a text or making a call-I think he has his number.

Going forward I can say I monthly or bi monthly photos IMO are not needed-I know from being a grower in over 5 seperate growouts the picture taking is a pain in the ***, especially when there is nothing new to report but I will say polyps/head counts are not much to ask for.

I still have faith that all is good but also don't think asking for some "consisitant" update is to much to ask for whether that's monthly or what ever.

We have to be getting close on a few of these from reading past posts. I'll shoot that PM over to Lee and see if anything happens from that.
I do have a 50 gallon fragged tank plumbed into my 400 gallon tank which is 48x24x17 and plenty of room for "anything" if it becomes needed-I hope not but its an offer

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Beerman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help Reefnjunkie.

I don't think taking pics once per month when they are a single cell phone picture is that much of a pain though. So I'd like pictures once per month just so I know the grower is alive, much less the corals.

I hate to bother Troylee but I know he contacted him last time, I'll shoot a PM to Lee and see if he would mind shooting a text or making a call-I think he has his number.

Going forward I can say I monthly or bi monthly photos IMO are not needed-I know from being a grower in over 5 seperate growouts the picture taking is a pain in the ***, especially when there is nothing new to report but I will say polyps/head counts are not much to ask for.

I still have faith that all is good but also don't think asking for some "consisitant" update is to much to ask for whether that's monthly or what ever.

We have to be getting close on a few of these from reading past posts. I'll shoot that PM over to Lee and see if anything happens from that.
I do have a 50 gallon fragged tank plumbed into my 400 gallon tank which is 48x24x17 and plenty of room for "anything" if it becomes needed-I hope not but its an offer

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help Reefnjunkie.

I don't think taking pics once per month when they are a single cell phone picture is that much of a pain though. So I'd like pictures once per month just so I know the grower is alive, much less the corals.

+1 to this. Especially since you can snap a picture on a smartphone and upload it to the site in a matter of minutes. A weekly or bi monthly update would take 10 minutes tops.

Top Shelf Aquatics

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't this the second time we have had to appeal to a R2R moderator in order to get a forced update?! We need to figure something out and relocate this grow out and have reliable and scheduled updates.

This lack of information is concerning and driving me crazy!

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't this the second time we have had to appeal to a R2R moderator in order to get a forced update?! We need to figure something out and relocate this grow out and have reliable and scheduled updates.

This lack of information is concerning and driving me crazy!

It is the 2nd time Lee has had to jump in on something he has nothing to do with, I am just grateful he had his contact information.

I asked Lee to have ReefUp (sorry forgot his name to call me and I suggested us sending out prepaid shipping labels and packaging to make it easy to relocate these pieces.
If the guy is going through a togh time, he need not be bothered with this stuff and he will get his stuff when its time anyway.

Thats my vote anyway and I still want to offer up my tank/system as a resource for the for GO. I am just finishing a grow out that had over 2K worth of chalices that spanned quite a while and I am still growing out some zoas for another grow out, with yet anothe showing in 2 weeks from Akwaruis.

Anyway, my point is I have room and my tank is rock solid.

Its up to the masses nbut the offer is there, I too own a band saw for fragging so its a non issue.

Blah, Blah, Blah, I know-LOL

My vote is to relocate them to whom ever the group feels fir (which I want to be part of the decision in that as well as everyone should be)

This is not an attack or anything personal towards ReefUp, he has done a great job and I am happy they have done as well as they have. But its business really (to me anyway) and he should nopt feel anything negative from our decision to move them.

Lifes full of stresses and he does not need this -IMO

If anyone wants feel free to PM me for my cell-

Brad

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First and foremost... I'm not doing it as a mod of r2r and r2r isn't responsible "as far as I know" for any group buys etc... I'm just doing it as a friend to reef up "tyreese" and you guys... I know reef ups situation and feel really bad for the guy I went through some of the same stuff in the last year like a job loss etc... No need to get into details but I passed brads number along to him just now... So I'm sure he will hear something very soon... If I hear anything else I will let someone know...;)

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok peeps, just a brief update until I can get to a PC, my ipad sucks for posting....

I got a picture sent to me, all is good and he has been quick to reply-he is happy to ship them out if thats what we want and I said it is.

Like I said i'll expound later around 6pm pacific, but res assured all looks good

More to come

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try and keep this short and to the point and if need be send out some PM's if everyone involved does not chime in.

Tyresse sent me this pic to my phone that I uploaded to my photobucket account. From what I see (and he stated) all is fine with the acans. He has had some hardships and as such has cancelled his internet, its that reason which is why he has not posted any updates etc;

AcansfromGO.jpg

That being said I mentioned I did not speak for the "group" but from what I read there are a few folks ( I being one of them) who felt with all he is going through, being responsible for these does not need to be one of those burdens and that getting them to another member is the best thing to do.

Hopefully things turn around for him but I myself think its not a bad idea to get these to someone else. Ty is fine with this and said he could frag off his "share" allow for the 'cans to heal and ship those out to "whomever" we decide.

He mentioned he was not going to be greedy but rather take a head (maybe 2 depending on overall polyp/head count) of each and be done with it.

I think those involved should share their thoughts and we can as a group decide what is best-As much as he is getting his frags now versus later, myself I am cool with that, he has after all took care of them this long and has kept everything alive.

Thats just my opinion and there are many people in this grow out so voice your opinions.

I am still offering up my tank to grow these and happy to post specs/pics whatever to show what I got if we decide moving them is in everyones best interest

Post away-those involved

Nutramar Foods

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I officially move to relocate the grow out to a new tank.

I also offer my 120 gallon Lps dominant tank as a new home (and can provide pics/specs if needed).

I will concurr with a majority of votes as to where to relocate the grow out.

financialreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm good with him fragging a head or 2 off each one and letting them heal.

What we are going to need to be sure of is which one's are in which traunch of the growout. I wouldn't mind shipping the first two groups to one member and the second two groups to another (just spreading out the risk).

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquarium Specialty
Back