• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Cherry's Acan Grow Out - subdivide part 2

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
B

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bro, I know you just recently got them in but are these acans ready(have enough heads) to be frag?

I would not want to frag these yet. One piece only has 3 mature polyps, and the other three look to vary between 5-7 mature heads with multiple babies on the way. I would hate to frag and cause undue stress that would kill potential polyps and push the grow out backwards.

I also still need to collect shipping costs. I received my payment from Justin, but still need payment from other members.

sportzfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did we figure out what the exact amount is to send?

I would not want to frag these yet. One piece only has 3 mature polyps, and the other three look to vary between 5-7 mature heads with multiple babies on the way. I would hate to frag and cause undue stress that would kill potential polyps and push the grow out backwards.

I also still need to collect shipping costs. I received my payment from Justin, but still need payment from other members.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Beerman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Money sent

OP
OP
B

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the payments guys! Here is a quick pic of the acans...they are doing great! I will fill everyone in on what is going on with Reefed Up and how lucky we are in a little while. I'm currently on my lunch break and typing this from a phone is a bit tedious. :D

Hall1.jpg

AS

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Robert, what bulb combo are you using?

I just switched to a 6 bulb over my 36" x 20" x 10" but I feel like having more than 4 bulbs on at any time is just too much light for acans. What do you think? Curious how you're running yours as the rainbow in the acans appears to be holding really well.

OP
OP
B

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Robert, what bulb combo are you using?

I just switched to a 6 bulb over my 36" x 20" x 10" but I feel like having more than 4 bulbs on at any time is just too much light for acans. What do you think? Curious how you're running yours as the rainbow in the acans appears to be holding really well.

Hey luv,

I am currently running a 6 bulb tek T5 unit with all ATI bulbs. I also use a vertex led fixture for supplementation and to make those rainbow colors pop! An important note, I always keep all rainbow acans on the sand, or bottom 1/4 of my tank to retain those colors. If I move them higher and see them starting to fade Ill move them lower to retain color.

I think a six bulb is perfect for acans, as you are running. I run heavy on the blue/purple side to bring out those colors. I am contemplating an upgrade to an 8 or 10 bulb model that would be very heavy on the blue but still keep my sps happy...but that's a ways off still.

I think you would be good with all six bulbs on, just go heavy on blues and keep those rainbows low! Heres my bulb combo from back to front:

ATI blue plus
ATI blue plus
Geisseman 10000k? (can't read the bulb from the angle it's at)
ATI blue plus
ATI purple plus
ATI blue plus
LEDs

OP
OP
B

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robert how is everything looking?

Hello Berman and other members,

All the acans are doing exceedingly well! They are still located on the sandbed and are always fat and inflated! :D They are hungry little things, they constantly have their feeders out despite being fed fauna Marin, spirulina brine, and rods!

I will snap some pics in the am for everyone. I am glad we were able to relocate them!

Robert

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
B

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As promised, here are the pictures for everyone.

As you can tell the color is constantly improving due to being placed on the bottom of the tank as well as being target fed 2-3 times per week. I just fed them some Fauna Marin LPS pellets last night after lights out. :D

Hope you guys enjoy and let me know if you have any questions!

Attachments

• hall1.jpg
    hall1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 256
  • hall2.jpg
    hall2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 272
Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
JBJAquarium.com
Back