• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

CHERRY's ACAN GROW OUT!!!!!

CLICK TO VIEW

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back through and it seems like 6 people in total
"all" seems to be;
Luvmyacans
Reefup
Beerman
Financial Reef
Zero
Reefnjunkie

The very last purchase looks to have everyone but myself and Beerman involved? Page 17 post 167 is where I got that info, and Beerman
may be in?
But I think thats where Brannock jumped in too????

I dont understand Financial's last post regarding "traunch" of the growout-I'm sure its a typo.
What is it supposed to say?

Cherry Corals (all):
[/U] Highlighters -
Highlighters 2.0 -
Neptunes Crown -
Hybrid Skittles -
Tokyo Tart 2.0 -
Roswell Project -
Agent Orange -
Ring of Fire -
Resurrection -
Illicium -

Sexy Corals (all):
Acan 1 -
Acan 2 -
Acan 3 -
Acan 4 -
Acan 5 -
Acan 6 -
Acan 7 -
Acan 8 -

Roc Citi Coralz (Reef Up, luvmyacans, zero, financialreef, Reefnjunkie):
Acan 1 -
Acan 2 -
Acan 3 -

Cherry Corals #2 (TBD):
Tye Dye Micromussa-
Rainbow Suns -
Envy Sunsets -
Krakatoa! -
Riddler -
? -
Name Under Construction -
Brother of Dragon Skin -

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was officially joined for the latter parts of this growout at page 32, post #316. I have more detailed records somewhere in my office drawer.
Cool, good to know.

Looks like that about covers it but I could be wrong

Avast

emerald525

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'm not officially part of this growout but I just wanted to say that I have done quite a few growouts with Reefnjunkie locally. The issues that you are having where people get busy or something happens and they stop updating is a common problem. Over time I have found the people locally who I can consistently rely on. Brad is one of them which is why we have done so many growouts together. Brad is honest, organized, takes great care of his corals and is always great with updating the status of the frags. We have done several zoa growouts and also a chalice growout. He is very anal about keeping his parameters spot on as he is a serious stickhead.

zero

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fine with what finacialreef say, and i'm ok with reefup fragging a head or two of all the one that he was in on the GO. So splitting in two group for the grower with the first group and the second group is a good idea.

Top Shelf Aquatics

zero

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm saying i'm ok with two grower but not chopping it two time. Just chop the part for reefup and split the first group to one grower and the second(later add on) group to the other grower. Frag out later when it is time.

Nutramar Foods

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be wrong but it looks as if everyone has chimed in and myself and Brannock have offered to grow.

What does everyone think about Brannock taking the ones from the CC#2 GO and I grab the ones from the others?

I am not part of the second growout so that makes sense and he is not part of the others-I agree with what Zero said above.

I'm just spit balling some ideas but I have not seen where anyone else offered up to grow. As Emerald pointed out a few posts back (and thank you for the props by the way) I have been a grower for many growouts and have a very stable healthy system, and I also own a bandsaw for fragging.

Its an offer and I am too want to do whats best, so if you want to be a grower lets hear from ya

For now I am going to text Ty and tell him to frag off his share so they can start the healing while we figure out the logistics

Lets hear some feedback-

Last edited:

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be wrong but it looks as if everyone has chimed in and myself and Brannock have offered to grow.

What does everyone think about Brannock taking the ones from the CC#2 GO and I grab the ones from the others?

I am not part of the second growout so that makes sense and he is not part of the others-I agree with what Zero said above.

I'm just spit balling some ideas but I have not seen where anyone else offered up to grow. As Emerald pointed out a few posts back (and thank you for the props by the way) I have been a grower for many growouts and have a very stable healthy system, and I also own a bandsaw for fragging.

Its an offer and I am too want to do whats best, so if you want to be a grower lets hear from ya

For now I am going to text Ty and tell him to frag off his share so they can start the healing while we figure out the logistics

Lets hear some feedback-

I think the two different grows would spread out the risk. And if Reef Up takes his cut then we do have an "insurance" in the unlikely event anything happens. As for offering my tank I will provide the exact specs/details/regimens once I am finished with work today. I would also add that I am currently hosting a local acan grow out that is going quite well.

I will post my tank info and iPhone pic around 6-7 mst today.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, here's the info on my tank:

Standard 4 x 2 x 2 120 gallon
40 breeder sump
48 inch tek t5 6 bulb light fixture ( with all ati bulbs)
2 x vortech mp40 w se
1 x vortech mp10 w se
Mag 24 return
Vertex 170 alpha skimmer
TLF media reactor with bellaphos
Fuge with charro

Params:

Ca 440
Alk 8.5 - 9.5
Mag 1400
Sg 1.026
Temp 77.9 - 79.9
Nitrates 0-5 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm

Regimen:

Dose two part accordingly to keep stable Paramus
Test Alk, ca, and sg every other day
Top off with rodi water
20% water change every 2-3 weeks with reef crystals

I think that's about it. If you want more info or pics of my 39 + acan lord morphs let me know. Here is a current fts as of 6 pm mst.*

IMG_2361.jpg

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any that can be fragged and shipped out now rather than shipping to someone else then fragging and shipping? Most of them look like they have quite a few heads on them.

Good question, I'll ask and see what he says. There has to be some if not quite a few based on what he posted before he cancelled his cable.

I'll report back

zero

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not that I don't want to be the grower and I do have over 20+ piece of acans in my system right now but I am in the process of upgrading to a bigger tank and the tank will be here in two weeks. So if the group agreed and which ever acan that can be frag to split to everyone in the group i'm fine with that as well.

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I find it interesting that Reef Up is not able to update our grow out thread but he is able to start new for sale threads for some high end chalices locally. Here's the link:

Idaho Marine Aquarium Society • View topic - My Miami and crazy fox

I find this a bit concerning, but if he has already agreed to relocate the grow out then I guess no harm no foul? Anyways, just though I would let everyone know.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I texted Tyreese and asked him;

Hey Tyreese the group has no problem wit you you fragging off what you have coming but a couple had asked about whether you can frag up what's ready to go and ship those out as well-awhile back you mentioned there where pieces that were ready, and it made sense to frag now and reduce the 'ship-frag-and ship again'
Let me know what ya think

Here was his reply;

"after looking at them again I dont think it'd make much sense to chop up the few there are reall only 3-4 that could even be completely cut up and thats a lot of stress on the coral to do so many cuts at once I like to do a cut and let it heal at leaset a week before doing another cut on them type of thing or else you end up loosing a lot I've found in the past"

With that being said I say let hime frag what he has coming and allow for them to heal and get these shipped out.

I just went back through the pages and found the "all delight" frag pack group buy-on page 32 post#316 he mentions who is on the CC#2(basiclly everyone but me and beerman) and then mentions the All Delight pack and who is in on it.

Brannock offered up to be a grower which would be for the All Delight pack. I can grow out the rest including the CC#2 pack which I never bought in on thats all your decision to make it fair and easy since I was not in on the CC#2 pack originally I propose to "buy in" now basiclly and can send money to those who are already in.

THATS JUST A SUGGESTION- so please let me know what you think, it just seems the easiest.

In looking back it was 159.00 you all should have paid with me being out, and it would have been 128.00 with me in. If my figuring is correct I send 32.00 to the 4 that are in (which does not add up, thats 127 for 4 people and 128 for me, but close enough-LOL)

Well that enough typing for this post- reply back with some ideas-

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Join the movement!
Back