SBB-Mid Summer Blowout Coral Sale!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e938537f-2ecd-487e-93db-c0dca4ada93b_text.gif

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I said in your thread breakdown isn’t necessarily forever. When you’re ready to come back I’m sure the community will welcome you.
Absolutely hope so. I’m keeping all the equipment. Probably get a slightly smaller tank. My big push with this one was Acropora. Next time I may be fighting Steve for the goni’s and Thuan for the torches. Lot of friends that see my tank quickly zero in on those cause they can see the motion of them. I do like those too.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely hope so. I’m keeping all the equipment. Probably get a slightly smaller tank. My big push with this one was Acropora. Next time I may be fighting Steve for the goni’s and Thuan for the torches. Lot of friends that see my tank quickly zero in on those cause they can see the motion of them. I do like those too.
You’ll have to add in @VintageReefer for Gonis at least ;)

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll have to add in @VintageReefer for Gonis at least ;)
It’s actually taken me longer to figure them out than the Acro’s. When I found them a corner with low flow and shaded light, they finally took off and grew. My tank is mostly tornado wind and light to fry eggs.

felda001

Getting old sucks. Beats the alternative though
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm catching that bug myself. I remember the days where no one could keep gonis alive. It's amazing how far this hobby has come

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
sorry but new thread coming tomorrow around 9am!!!!!!

as well as some $6 drops and flash auctions :) as well as 450 auctions!!!!

Big day tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was busy today uploading and still uploading!!!!

many giftcards will go around on thread opening tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm catching that bug myself. I remember the days where no one could keep gonis alive. It's amazing how far this hobby has come
I tried Goni several years ago and did not have good results. I do not believe anything significant has changed from my side, but the corals themselves have become more healthy. Collected better. Or new strains found in different areas. Whatever it is they adapt better and do better these days. Still can be picky and hard. But not impossible like they used to be

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We're here if you need us.

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's done well. Everything likes the water acros like...flow is more gentle at the bottom. Haven't run into anything that won't grow yet.
I’d be curious to send you one of my rainbow gonis to see what happens. These are notoriously finicky and a slow grower. I have two. They encrust and grow but rarely extend. And the parent colony extends nearly 24x7

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be curious to send you one of my rainbow gonis to see what happens. These are notoriously finicky and a slow grower. I have two. They encrust and grow but rarely extend. And the parent colony extends nearly 24x7
I'm not ready for that kind of pressure..they seem to do fine when I don't care about them...lol. I would try one when I set up my new tank and have a better dedicated area for stuff though.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not ready for that kind of pressure..they seem to do fine when I don't care about them...lol. I would try one when I set up my new tank and have a better dedicated area for stuff though.
I am going to keep trying new foods and placement. Next up in the list is target feeding live phyto.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back