SBB-Mid Summer Blowout Coral Sale!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
New thread is up dont post here anymore or you will be penalized

Clicl link below to join now

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0

Clicl link below to join now

www.reef2reef.com

SBB-450 Pop up WYSWYG Auctions ! no limit no reserve bids starting at $1

All Auctions are now live Click this link to bid now During this sale we will have prizes, Games, and Flash auctions. Stay active in this thread you never know when they will happen. Although you can NOT use coupons on auctions they dont expire and can use them for future sales! 1) stay active...
www.reef2reef.com
www.reef2reef.com

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay everyone. Final decision time is here. To some of you it may be the wrong decision, but I’ve thought about it a lot, gone back and forth many times on what to do, and this is the road I’m going to follow. It’s the right choice for me. I’ll try to explain.

I’ve listened to a lot of great reef keepers as well as some great companies that sell us our beautiful corals. The guidance from the ones I trust are all the same. This is not going to be an easy fix. To do it correctly, I would need to pretty much break down the tank completely and start over. Since my colonies are on all the rock structures, everything would have to come out, be treated over weeks (months) to insure eradication of the pest eggs. There are Acro colonies on several of the support structures in the tank, so that means everything has to come out and be treated. That would require I set up a secondary tank as well as tanks for dipping and rinsing which is not something I wish to undertake. So, it’s time for me to say I’m done. Sorry, at 74 years old, my decision is I need to move on.

So, hears what I’m going to do. The tank is coming down. I’m going to save all my equipment in case I decide to start another tank down the road. The concern is all the beautiful corals and fish in my tank. I don’t want to kill anything I don’t have to. The rock (ledge) with the death circle will come out today. The rest of the tank will stay intact for a short time to rehome every thing I can. Everything will be given away for free. I’ve gotten my enjoyment out of them and it’s time to pass on what I can so others can as well. If you live close enough to The Villages in Florida, and want to come here, you can pick what you want and take it. If you are interested in the fish I’ll want to wait on those so we can get most of the landscape out of the tank and catch them without undue stress. For those that don’t live close enough to The Villages, I’m sorry, I do not want to ship anything.

I’m posting this here first. You guys have become my reef2reef family and I wanted you all to get first shot. I will open it to the entire community after you have had your shot at everything.

IMPORTANT NOTE: you know what I’m dealing with. If you want any Acropora, you have to do your own due diligence and have a plan for dipping, quarantine, etc so you don’t put this pathogen or it’s eggs in your own tank.

The entire tank and many Acropora colonies and frags look great and once safely dipped and quarantined would be great colonies/frags to have. I will not let anyone have the colonies close to the death circle on the top ledge. Caveat: There is a HomeWrecker colony and PC Rainbow colony on the rock I’m trashing. They are both well away from the death circle, but on the same rock. If anyone wants to take a chance with them, I’ll cut off what I can and put them on a frag rack for you.

So, here is what’s in the tank. Everything came from SBB, WWC and TSA: All fish from Dr Reef fully quarantined.

100 Acropora colonies and frags
2 Torches
4 Goniopora.
Lots of large Zoanthids colonies all grown on their own rocks
Several large encrusting Montipora
One Tyree War Favite and one Platygyra
Two Stylocoeniella

Fish:
Purple tang. 5”
Powder Blue tang. 5”
Tomini tang. 3.5-4”
2 Bellus Swallowtail Angelfish (male and female). 5” male, 3.5” female
Bonded Pair of Mocha Clownfish. Female about 2.5”+, male 1.75-2”+
2 Sapphire Damsels.
One Bluegreen Chromis.
2 large Skunk Shrimp
2-3 large peppermint shrimp
Many trochus and turbo snails

PM me if you’re interested and we can set everything up. First come first gets the cherry picks.

IMG_1253.jpeg
IMG_1254.jpeg
IMG_1255.jpeg
IMG_5432.jpeg

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%