SBB Pop up Sale- 750 Corals!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
My neighbor said he tried berghia, didnt work, ordered 6 peps from algae barn and his aiptasia disappeared. Ive tried peps in the past and had no luck. Berghia didnt work, i swear those things are the biggest scam in reefing. I put 3 peps in my tiny frag and 3 peps in my waterbox. If they work there im going to move them to main display. I think one of AKLs angels gulped the small pep down immediately.
I'll be finding out, peps worked in one of my tanks. Maybe I didn't have enough in the 75, or maybe it's because I feed a bit heavier in it.

@tbrown had Berghia that worked for him. He even had one eat it's way out of an aiptasia after the aiptasia ate it ..

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
alien high kick GIF

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll be finding out, peps worked in one of my tanks. Maybe I didn't have enough in the 75, or maybe it's because I feed a bit heavier in it.

@tbrown had Berghia that worked for him. He even had one eat it's way out of an aiptasia after the aiptasia ate it ..
I added 3 Berghia to my 125 that was overrun with Aiptasia, ended up with 12 Berghia, 0 Aiptasia and several egg swirls. Problem with Berghia is that they starve pretty quickly once the Aiptasia is gone. I think it was 2 days after the last Aiptasia and the Berghia all just disappeared.

I've had success with Peps from Petco, from Ocean Floor (one of the LFS here), and from Reef Cleaners. All of them ate Aiptasia.

I've also had success with a Tasseled Filefish but once they get a taste for coral, it's time to go. Mine are all the Aiptasia that was visible but, once he was removed, the Aiptasia came back with a vengeance, unlike Peppermint Shrimp and Berghia. Also, I think males are supposed to be less likely to eat corals than females or something like that...

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i tossed 3 berghia in my tank i watched them slowly part ways. The same day my buddy who has a low flow red sea cube, absolutely covered in aip. He tossed 4 in it. It looks like the epitome of a berghia breeding vessel. Nowhere to be seen a month later. Another "i dont get it" of reefing.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back