SBB-Mid Summer Blowout Coral Sale!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That alve is stunning! Are those asian acans? Very vivid colors. I have old school acans, ones that turned orange after some time. Can't wait to see updated pics along the way.
Thank you! Yes these are all Asian acans

They don’t color morph to orange like the Aussie ones do. And they get much larger polyps. I believe this is more like button scolymia (which is related an acans)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lot of suggestions to use a baster and keep hitting all the Acro to blow them off. I’m thinking before I do that, I want to get rid of that top rock. Right now, the death circle is confined to that one rock. If I start blowing them everywhere they can land on all the other corals. If they are happy on that rock, I want to keep them there and not spread them around.
Just dip that rock first. It'll kill what's on it.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Glue

Attachments

• 20240821_161256.jpg
    20240821_161256.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 30

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just dip that rock first. It'll kill what's on it.
Best I can tell from what I’m seeing is the corals are all covered with eggs. Seems I should take the loss of those colonies. Homewrecker and PC Rainbow are on the far side of the rock and seem fine. I will take them, dip them and put them on a frag rack for now.

felda001

Getting old sucks. Beats the alternative though
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best I can tell from what I’m seeing is the corals are all covered with eggs. Seems I should take the loss of those colonies. Homewrecker and PC Rainbow are on the far side of the rock and seem fine. I will take them, dip them and put them on a frag rack for now.
Dip them and throw them in an observation tank. You may be able to save them if you want. Is you were closer I'd try to save them. Chance to see if Bayer kills flatworms

felda001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does..not eggs
That’s why I’m thinking observation tank. Dip with bayer give it 2-3 days and dip again. If you doing every 2-3 days for a couple of weeks you will probably see some improvement. I know it’s probably the sunk cost trap hitting me. I just think about how much work has gone into getting them to this point and hate to see them be a total loss

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s why I’m thinking observation tank. Dip with bayer give it 2-3 days and dip again. If you doing every 2-3 days for a couple of weeks you will probably see some improvement. I know it’s probably the sunk cost trap hitting me. I just think about how much work has gone into getting them to this point and hate to see them be a total loss
My situation is a little different. I was going to break down the tank next year anyway. It’s just now I won’t be giving all the corals away unless someone just wanted to take them anyway.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This right

Attachments

• 20240821_170426.jpg
    20240821_170426.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 19

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're breaking down?
Yes. New grandbaby want to visit friends and family more, the list goes on. My plan was to live here in the villages for 5 years and then move. The plan was always there to make this a short term tank. Issue with the bugs has just accelerated that a bit.

felda001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This right
I can’t read the label on that one but it’s the one with these ingredients
IMG_0873.png

Finally legal disclaimer. I am not advocating anyone use this for any off label useage. I have been told this works but cannot confirm or deny its effectiveness and any useage is at your own risk

felda001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. New grandbaby want to visit friends and family more, the list goes on. My plan was to live here in the villages for 5 years and then move. The plan was always there to make this a short term tank. Issue with the bugs has just accelerated that a bit.
As I said in your thread breakdown isn’t necessarily forever. When you’re ready to come back I’m sure the community will welcome you.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back