+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vittpsu21

Although they are using all cement dry Marco Rock, This can also be done with wet rock with a bit of change of the process.
correct, i have done wet rock in this fashion many times. i have never had an issue with adhesion.

Corals.com

Scratch08

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this NSA powder just goes over the compounds to hide it I assume right? sorry this is something I have never seen before
What I did was to get my rocks aligned the way I wanted them, placed some of the powdered rock at the joints, shot it with the super glue and then added more powdered rock…repeat the process. Damp rocks and powder seemed to work best, and make sure you’re in a well ventilated place when you do…the fumes will get to you otherwise.

vittpsu21

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess for reference let me link these pictures, excuse how quickly they were taken but here were my three choices for spots: one requires me to rip out some fake flooring but gives me wayyyy more room, the other is the one mentioned above, and the third is a tight spot that I wouldn't be able to get behind so I ruled out The plan was to get rid of the bookshelf and place the tank in that area, but the other picture with the pillows on a table would allow the most space but also the most work for me to prep

also excuse the trim on the one pic lol I just hung the door a few days ago back to that no more projects thing @Lost in the Sauce

IMG_1379.jpg IMG_1378.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

rmorris_14

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My $0.02, you’ll find there is more room than you think in a 120, my only complaint about mine is getting my armpit wet when I have to reach down to the sand bed… but I’m short so… all of my rock is KP rock, about 60lbs dry and 25lbs of their starter, good stuff and going to be ordering more soon. My sump is a “store” bought, but I live in a townhouse and have little room to do diy stuff, but the next one will be diy. May 1st it will be 1 year wet.View attachment 3116176View attachment 3116175View attachment 3116178View attachment 3116174View attachment 3116181
Love your scape!

vittpsu21

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess for reference let me link these pictures, excuse how quickly they were taken but here were my three choices for spots: one requires me to rip out some fake flooring but gives me wayyyy more room, the other is the one mentioned above, and the third is a tight spot that I wouldn't be able to get behind so I ruled out The plan was to get rid of the bookshelf and place the tank in that area, but the other picture with the pillows on a table would allow the most space but also the most work for me to prep
the reason I show this is above the spot where the tank is going I am sure you can see the lip? that is actually a vent and kind of limits my upward space

Scratch08

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
62" x 24 x 24 would fit an aquatic life t5 hybrid over it Wonderfully.
I have a 36” t5 hybrid that fits nicely over a 120…could be for sale rather cheap too, has 2 month old bulbs included ;)

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Scratch08

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the reason I show this is above the spot where the tank is going I am sure you can see the lip? that is actually a vent and kind of limits my upward space
What is the vertical height where the book shelf is? Guessing by the pic it’s just over 6’??

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

also excuse the trim on the one pic lol I just hung the door a few days ago back to that no more projects thing @Lost in the Sauce

View attachment 3116223 View attachment 3116224
Personally, I would do anything possible, not to put the tank next to the TV...

It'll look off centered in the room (taller deeper and wider on the right side), and the TV will be nothing but a distraction from the actual entertainment..

vittpsu21

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I would do anything possible, not to put the tank next to the TV...

It'll look off centered in the room (taller deeper and wider on the right side), and the TV will be nothing but a distraction from the actual entertainment..
its basically a man cave so if I wanted I could just remove the tv/stand, only thing on there that is required is the modem/smart lights etc

that being said if I moved the tv/stand, the possibilities then skyrocket

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its basically a man cave so if I wanted I could just remove the tv/stand, only thing on there that is required is the modem/smart lights etc

Fair warning... There are Nothing but enables here ...

F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I did was to get my rocks aligned the way I wanted them, placed some of the powdered rock at the joints, shot it with the super glue and then added more powdered rock…repeat the process. Damp rocks and powder seemed to work best, and make sure you’re in a well ventilated place when you do…the fumes will get to you otherwise.
exactly this

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a better picture, this is about half the basement, the other half is perfect for a tank but my kid has overtaken it
Tank goes between bookcases, TV goes in the trash. Problem solved
Happy So Excited GIF by TikTok

vittpsu21

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this part behind me was my original want but I dont think I will be able to convince wife to get daughter to move her stuff lol

IMG_1383.jpg IMG_1382.jpg

no vent above here but also no easy access to the laundry room without resheetrocking lol which I am most definitely not doing

Top Shelf Aquatics

F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

why not move the tv and do a longer tank? surely without the tv a 6ft 180 will fit there... also, that vent may be to your advantage, depending on how it is built the structure could actually be used to mount a floating canopy.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

FnR
Back