If you had $100 to spend on reefing stuff right now, what would it be? Oh, and one commenter will win $100!

If you had $100 to spend on reefing stuff right now, what would you buy? Giveaway in the Comments!

• Total voters

Planted Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was checking the flow patterns looking for dead spots and found I could probably use an circulation pump to blow under the rockwork a bit as there is also a lot of junk under there and sand bed could use some better movement. That's why I selected equipment.

BigMikeFlipz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I chose 3 options for a couple reasons. I have a 30 gallon tank that I need a decent light for (Light option), that I would likely get nice enough for the next tank (Savings option). For the next month I'm working on a few things on my current tank so there may be a lag between installing the light, and there may be another more urgent need if anything fails (the other equipment option). My goal is to continue my side gig and save $ for my large tank, hoping for a 100 gallon to 150 gallon main tank with sump, and all the other nice things! With this goal it makes me more likely to earn some extra $ on the side for the dream tank.

Attachments

• choices.jpg
    choices.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 18

ravila101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use it on corals lol I lost a bunch of stuff during hurricane beryl and have slowly been getting stuff back but yeah I would use it on corals lol

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in desperate need of pods and would put the money towards that.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For me as a new reefer it’s a no brainer. I need calcium & mag test kits.
Nah. Randy says test Alkalinity and dose calcium and magnesium based on that.

Phosphate, Nitrate, Alkalinity, Temperature, and pH I believe are the main ones to focus on.

folsomreefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah. Randy says test Alkalinity and dose calcium and magnesium based on that.

Phosphate, Nitrate, Alkalinity, Temperature, and pH I believe are the main ones to focus on.
definitely am testing for those already but I really want a baseline and occasional follow up on the other testable elements

JoJosReef

10kW Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me as a new reefer it’s a no brainer. I need calcium & mag test kits.
Better off not losing sleep over those two, especially Mg, where none of the tests are even considered accurate. As a new reefer, water changes early on will keep you humming along, and when all the corals start filling in and growing, you get to choose how you want to run your tank. Testing becomes more important as you get your method established and the tank stable.

Edit: I always advocate testing even early on when you tank looks "off" or you start to have problems like algae/dinos. But in those cases I pay attention to ALK, NO3 and PO4. Sometime pH.

galaxynovaLV

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Automation equipment would be my vote. I’ve been researching ATO systems and would like to have one.

EliMelly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Rainbow Wilsoni1$199.00
POTO Live Phyto (Tetraselmis)

POTO Live Phyto (Tetraselmis)1$12.00
POTO Live Phyto (Nannochloropsis)

POTO Live Phyto (Nannochloropsis)1$12.00
POTO Arctic Tundra

POTO Arctic Tundra1$69.00
POTO Egyptian Sunset Millie

POTO Egyptian Sunset Millie1$39.00

I took my wife out to dinner to ward off evil spirits when she sees the box on Thursday. :cool:
Dude you’re brilliant lol

austin_socal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes life happens. And sometimes that crisp Benjamin Franklin in your wallet that's been aching to be spent on some coral has to be spent on *slightly* more important things like bills, groceries, rent, whatever it may be. If that's you (which I feel its probably most of us), let's have a little fun with this poll, and maybe you'll find you've been chosen to win $100 to spend on whatever reefing item your salty little heart wants. The "rules" are simple...
  • Pick a poll option!
  • Explain your answer in the comments!
Easy! A commenter will be chosen by random draw on Friday! Here is the $100 question:

If you had $100 to spend on reefing stuff right now, what would you buy?

Wondering Ben Franklin GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021
Founding Father Dance GIF

#r2rgiveaway
I’d like to buy coral, but being that im a 14yr old reefer who never has money like that, I’d probably invest in a solid dosing setup!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back