HELP! Tank leaking from the bottom!!

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This could take a while to fix / replace. A stock tank with all fish rock etc would be better than splitting the fish up into multiple tanks and having to deal with ammonia in un-cycled tanks. Toss on a hob filter, power head or two and your good to go for however long you need. Light if you have coral.

EDIT : sorry I just saw funds are a concern.

If they were to share the live rock among the tanks, the nitrifying bacteria on those rocks will process the ammonia.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
SallyWho

SallyWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This could take a while to fix / replace. A stock tank with all fish rock etc would be better than splitting the fish up into multiple tanks and having to deal with ammonia in un-cycled tanks. Toss on a hob filter, power head or two and your good to go for however long you need. Light if you have coral.

EDIT : sorry I just saw funds are a concern.
I used the rock from the main tank in all the little tanks, so there's some beneficial bacteria in there at least. I'll do small water changes to keep ammonia down and use a bit of masking tape to mark fill lines so I can keep them topped off with RODI.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see from your profile that you're in WI. That's a heck of a journey! I couldn't ask that of anybody, but your generosity is heartwarming.
Good thing you're not asking, I'm offering and I know we can find a way to get it to yoi in an emergency at no cost to you.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they were to share the live rock among the tanks, the nitrifying bacteria on those rocks will process the ammonia.
Sure if he / she has enough to go around. Nothing wrong with spreading everything around into several tanks I just said a single stock tank would be better and IMO it would be better, at least for me and much easier to take care of. Just tossing out suggestions.

OP
OP
SallyWho

SallyWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure if he / she has enough to go around. Nothing wrong with spreading everything around into several tanks I just said a single stock tank would be better and IMO it would better and much easier to take care of. Just tossing out suggestions.
You're not wrong. I appreciate the suggestion!

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the rock from the main tank in all the little tanks, so there's some beneficial bacteria in there at least. I'll do small water changes to keep ammonia down and use a bit of masking tape to mark fill lines so I can keep them topped off with RODI.

Things will work out. The initial shock has passed, so now you're going into action
mode. ;)

I wouldn't worry about water changes related to ammonia. Because you have beneficial bacteria in each of the tanks from the live rock, the ammonia will be processed. But I would keep up with your regular water changes.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My next night off (healthcare nightshifter) is Thursday but I have an appointment that day I can't miss (health related- one of the reasons that money is short right now). :'(
location?

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
SW Missouri, near where KS, OK, AR, and MO meet.
400 mi ...
Frank Henenlotter Smh GIF by Eternal Family

OP
OP
SallyWho

SallyWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talked to my LFS, and they're going to save my bacon! With any luck, my guys won't have to be crammed into small tanks for more than 10 days! The owner (with whom I've done fishy business for 5yrs) looked me dead in the eye, told me she trusted me, and is going to let me pay for a new tank in installments, with a 10% discount. I nearly cried. She couldn't find any 120g tanks in stock with any of her vendors, so I'm downsizing just a smidge to a 90g. I think all my fish will still fit okay in a 90. It's pre-drilled with those double standpipe things though, so I'm going to have to figure out how to deal with that. I drilled my 120 for a bean animal overflow, so I've never done anything with standpipes. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out. There are several other adjustments I'll need to make, but this is going to work. It really is. The new tank should arrive Thursday, and we'll have to sort out how to get it to my house, but man. The relief is so thick you could slice it like cake right now.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talked to my LFS, and they're going to save my bacon! With any luck, my guys won't have to be crammed into small tanks for more than 10 days! The owner (with whom I've done fishy business for 5yrs) looked me dead in the eye, told me she trusted me, and is going to let me pay for a new tank in installments, with a 10% discount. I nearly cried. She couldn't find any 120g tanks in stock with any of her vendors, so I'm downsizing just a smidge to a 90g. I think all my fish will still fit okay in a 90. It's pre-drilled with those double standpipe things though, so I'm going to have to figure out how to deal with that. I drilled my 120 for a bean animal overflow, so I've never done anything with standpipes. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out. There are several other adjustments I'll need to make, but this is going to work. It really is. The new tank should arrive Thursday, and we'll have to sort out how to get it to my house, but man. The relief is so thick you could slice it like cake right now.
Mmm... cake.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back