Durso (megaflow)

IL Dreamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my 90 gallon aqueon megaflow reef ready tank set up and cycling for a few week. This afternoon when I checked on my tank the durso standpipe was floating out of the bulkhead. I can't keep it from floating out without physically holding it down. Its never been that tight in the bulkhead. I have tried to pull out the durso standpipe and clean it with no change. I even removed the elbow from the top so it was just an open pipe at the top. No matter what when the overflow starts to fill back up (about 9 inches or so) the standpipe gets pushed out of the bulkhead,

Any ideas?

OP
OP
IL Dreamer

IL Dreamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have any teflon on hand so as a temp fix I wrapped it with electrical tape a few time and it seems to be staying for now. Its odd that it hasn't happened before this. I thought the pipes were supposed to sit fairly loose in the bulkheads.

At least I know my sump will hold a power outage (turn the pump off) and the overflow emptying at the same time (just barely)

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the pipes were supposed to sit fairly loose in the bulkheads.
Nope, if it's the correct size and type, there should be a pretty tight fit even without any tape or glue.
Was this a new purchase? If so, I recommend contacting Aqueon for assistance (assuming they supplied the bulkheads and pipe)

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your problem with the sump level just dawned on me. Yikes. Yea get some Teflon tape when you can I worry about the glue on the electrical tape breaking down and the tape coming free or loosening up

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back