set up plumbing questions

likemike99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I moved into a new house and am adding a new tank. (will be in another thread for the build). I found a good deal on a 180gal with dual overflows. each side has one big hole (1"?) and one smaller hole (3/4"?). it was set up for the smaller hole to be the drains and the larger holes for the return. Is this typical? Does it matter which size is the return? My other question is for the drains. would you a) set them both up as equal durso types? or b) set one up as a durso type and the other one as a herbie for overflow? or c) something different?
I had a 75gal about 10 years ago but it only had one drain/ return. been running a biocube the past few years due to moving alot, so this is my first venture in multiple.

thanks

OP
OP
likemike99

likemike99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is what I was thinking about the sizes. I think I am going to take the easy way out and just use 2 durso drians. thanks for the inpuit

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would most likely set it up different and run returns over the side and set up a Herbie in both sides with the small pipe the siphon and the large the open drain.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back