ATI Straton Pro Reviews

Tuna Melt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe it or not, I'm having difficulty finding reviews of the Straton Pros. What do folks that have owned these lights think of them? Coverage and sleek design are a big plus in my mind, and it seems they do not lack for power. One gripe I've heard is the interface isn't super friendly but I'm a set it and forget it type of guy so that's not a priority in my mind.

M1keol

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe it or not, I'm having difficulty finding reviews of the Straton Pros. What do folks that have owned these lights think of them? Coverage and sleek design are a big plus in my mind, and it seems they do not lack for power. One gripe I've heard is the interface isn't super friendly but I'm a set it and forget it type of guy so that's not a priority in my mind.
I'm running the first edition 2 over my 120 and I like them. I agree couldn't find much info or reviews on them. Found a profile from another user that works well for me.

1000003925.jpg

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using Gen 1 for almost 4 years now with great results. 2 over a red sea reefer 450 (60"x20"x20") and now 3 over a Innovative Marine 170 (60"x22"x30") and have been growing acropora on the sand bed.

tankreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Nburg's Reef what Straton are you using? The pro and 102 x3? Do you have par results for the tank? I just ordered the IM ext 170 Also.

reefchi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Nburg's Reef do you have any video how you hung this lights using the 80/20. I’m in search of how to hang these lights to give it minimalist look.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, I think I have footage of it up close, but not on how I made it. I used corner pieces from amazon, then used wide washers in the T-Rail slot that I bolted to the standard hanging kits. took a while at the hardware store to find the right washer. but there are T-Slot rails with rail bolts... I inherited the bars with my house so may not be standard.

Here's a vid of my nano stand I built which shows how I fasten the bars together, but not the hanging piece I made.

tankreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a post of all the equipment used on the 170? I just bought a 170.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a post of all the equipment used on the 170? I just bought a 170.
Uhhhhh, here's off the top of my head
3 ATI stratons
Sump is a Turbos Aquatics 55g sump which not sure if he makes anymore.
Apex EL
Trident
2 DoS units (Kalk, NO3, 2 Part a and B)
2 MP40s
Tunze Stream 3
2 150w heaters
Current Eflux DC pump (3000gph one) for return
Deltec 1000i skimmer
Aqua UV 57 classic
filter socks and filter cups for after water changes otherwise no mechanical filters
Tunze Osmolator (older one)
and then a pump and light to run the frag tank section of the sump

reefchi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info! Have thought about switching to Straton pros? I’ll be looking at the video since I’m in the process of figuring out how to han it.

I have’t seen much comparisons between the gen1 and the pros. Do you get much light bleed on them?

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info! Have thought about switching to Straton pros? I’ll be looking at the video since I’m in the process of figuring out how to han it.

I have’t seen much comparisons between the gen1 and the pros. Do you get much light bleed on them?
I have not thought about upgrading since I’m happy with the gen 1s. Not much light bleed and with the diffusers it’s pretty soft so you can look right at the fixture and not be blinded. No complaints.

tankreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a IM 170 because of your channel, lol I know copy cat. I decided on going with a CaRX for a set it and forget it approach, but I am going to get the Luna ecco 4418 that’s 44” long so I can have enough room for a reefmat 1200 (cause I hate changing socks), algae scrubber, and my royal exclusiv 200 and the aqua uv 57. I’m probably going to follow your lead on dosing NO3 and possibly a CO2 scrubber/kalkwasser for PH but the Carx might take care of that all together?. However, I am going to run a little coral grow section like yours, what light are you using over the sump for the mini corals? Would you change that light and use something out for whatever pro/cons you have seen? Also, are you doing regular water changes? I would like to try the “no water change” approach as I know a bunch of people have had good success and I’m in the road a lot, so trying to automate and simplify where I can. If so, what would you recommend dosing for the above mentioned setup, I’m guessing Mag, minor and trace elements? I would imagine everything else would be taken care of. For lights, I would love to ATI Stratton but no way can I justify the cost so I’m thinking the photon v2 50’s or 3-4 reefi uno 2.1 pros since they are PAR monsters, just not very pretty to look at.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent run a calcium reactor in a long long time, but its going to depress your pH... so you'll want to make sure you do something to keep it up, so I have found a CO2 scrubber works better than kalk unless you can just run a line from outside into your skimmer.

I run a noopsyche K7 v2 on my grow out are because I got it for free on R2R, but I would totally opt for something like blades or another straton to give more spread.

I do water changes every week which helps me not have to worry about dosing much else, so I can't help you there.

tankreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I can run a line from the outside, wife definitely wouldn’t like that since this room doesn’t have windows, would a co2 scrubber be moot in that case and revert to alkwasser?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back