New ATI Starton Pro Journey.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@moosevandyke
Now that it has been a couple weeks, how are you liking the Straton Pros compared to the G6 Blues? Are the Straton Pros similar in color the the G6 Blue's SPS setting?

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of great lights out there so I am not going to say that they are the best because I think that it depends on a lot of factors. I do have to say that I really liked the originals but accidently fried one of them so didn't hesitate to upgrade to these.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check what ATI says.
"IF" I remember correctly they don't recommend being inside a hood.

They are passive cooled but a properly vented cabinet shouldn't post a problem - easy enough to test though. A low noise fan could be installed to direct air over them. I know a few who have Coral Care Gen 2's in cabinets although they have a larger heatsink but it does include the power supply.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are passive cooled but a properly vented cabinet shouldn't post a problem - easy enough to test though. A low noise fan could be installed to direct air over them. I know a few who have Coral Care Gen 2's in cabinets although they have a larger heatsink but it does include the power supply.
I have 4 fans, 4 vent holes drilled in the top of my canopy and a chiller. I have a mix of lights that I am happy with in my canopy but just curious in case I ever decided to change out my lights.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back