72x30x18 DIY build thread

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Aren't we always really talking about the or?
When That Becky and Jason are involved, yes. When Sam's involved there's a good chance it's DEFINITELY the or...

crossdressing tv land GIF by [HASH=34745]#Impastor[/HASH]

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When That Becky and Jason are involved, yes. When Sam's involved there's a good chance it's DEFINITELY the or...

crossdressing tv land GIF by [HASH=34745]#Impastor[/HASH]
guy

OP
OP
Nate Chalk

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time taking par readings ever on this tank. This is at 100% on the kessil pucks for intensity and color. This is post dropping the lights to the lowest point.

Kessils mounted 9 inches off surface of water
Orpheks mounted 12 inches off surface of water

Main SPS island above the frag rack at 240 par is 11 inches under the surface
Steve-o-Pora is about 6 inches under at tips and rock is 8 inches under surface

@F i s h y I cant even imagine where it was before lowering the lights... about 30% lower is my guess....

Overall spread is pretty good and the bar at the bottom is good. Just low on rock. Has me thinking.
12.8.23 Par Readings.png

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time taking par readings ever on this tank. This is at 100% on the kessil pucks for intensity and color. This is post dropping the lights to the lowest point.

@F i s h y I cant even imagine where it was before lowering the lights... about 30% lower is my guess....

Overall spread is pretty good and the bar at the bottom is good. Just low on rock. Has me thinking.
12.8.23 Par Readings.png
Overall not terrible. I agree since you are mostly SPS heavy its a little low on the rockwork, but looks like a pretty even distribution. What has me worried is that you are at 100% on all of your lights, so You have no adjustment up. Time to add another light or look at different options. I know we talked about some, I still think you can't beat the T5 LED combo.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

12.8.23 Par Readings.png
gene wilder thinking GIF

OP
OP
Nate Chalk

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always noticed this... 100% intensity 100% color on kessil app causes my left and right puck to dim to blue tint. This is just with the kessils on so you can see what its doing.

I have in the past played with the slider and at 67% they all go to the middle "level of light"

I just tested the difference in par between these two settings .....

now im getting 300 on main rock not 240....

Steveopora is 440 not 400

Huge difference, and the tank has more of a daylight look.

Definitely worth renting. I think I will add the other orphek bar I have Which will only really help with spread. Down the road when I finally get that drop off tank. I will likely need narrow reflectors on the kessils for the deep end. Opps did I just leak my plans. I didnt even tell my wife :p 5 year plan we were talking about @F i s h y

Same tank but imagine a deep deep spot. on one side. Thats a @Joe Glass Cages build for sure. Not siliconing those weird seams myself. The forever tank.

1702062414452.png

OP
OP
Nate Chalk

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait for it.... Test those bars alone... and the kessils... then lets see what you have
Testing a single spot here, the main SPS rock. Might test more later on low light ~8-9 pm

*this is the 240 spot in the original picture
Kessil 150
Orphek 200
Combined 300 now

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
that doesnt math right
Exponents.
Testing a single spot here, the main SPS rock. Might test more later on low light ~8-9 pm

*this is the 240 spot in the original picture
Kessil 150
Orphek 200
Combined 300 now
Also, there's been a significant amount of discussion around the subject of PAR and it's subjectiveness. Apparently you're supposed to check PAR with the whites at 0%...

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back