Nate Chalk

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Worth it to test par?
Things are going fine. But I have never measured par . Just a what if digging at me..what if I'm low and should be higher.

Sub point add additional lighting t5 or more orphek bars.

2. Testing ph? Same thing . Things are fine. But what if it's low and how can I continue to test and monitor different changes like routing a line outdoors or recirculating the skimmer air through scrubber. ( Which media hasn't turned pink at all... It's still white after almost a year.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2c.

1) See if there is a local club that has a par meter that is available to its members. I think BRS or SWA may have a rental option. Not worth buying one since good ones are 400+.

2) Ph meter is under 100. If you want one that can monitor and/or control its more. I got the pinpoint monitor to use with the scrubber. The scrubber was a bust ( for now). But I like being able to see what the ph is at a glance. Esp now with some nice sps in the tank. Just need to calibrate often to ensure it doesn't start to move on you.

I'm a numbers chaser. It's not something I'm proud of. But my OCD tendencies demand it. I was able to borrow a par meter and I made some tweaks to my lights based on the results but never ended up with moar lights. A nice little pinpoint meter for ph is a sound investment if only for piece of mind. Par meter not so much.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
gotta remember...
1701776610747.png

OP
OP
Nate Chalk

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2c.

1) See if there is a local club that has a par meter that is available to its members. I think BRS or SWA may have a rental option. Not worth buying one since good ones are 400+.

2) Ph meter is under 100. If you want one that can monitor and/or control its more. I got the pinpoint monitor to use with the scrubber. The scrubber was a bust ( for now). But I like being able to see what the ph is at a glance. Esp now with some nice sps in the tank. Just need to calibrate often to ensure it doesn't start to move on you.

I'm a numbers chaser. It's not something I'm proud of. But my OCD tendencies demand it. I was able to borrow a par meter and I made some tweaks to my lights based on the results but never ended up with moar lights. A nice little pinpoint meter for ph is a sound investment if only for piece of mind. Par meter not so much.
Right I think it's my OCD. But what the heck do I know . Haha

I dunno any local clubs. Was just thinking rent from brs $100.

I like graphs

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine for my hybrids when i used them were pressure loaded. you had to push in on the top part and it removed the pressure and allowed the wire to go through. make sure if you release the pressure you are holding the light lol

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
#Cronies
Anyone ever seen these mounting wires?

I am having trouble getting more slack out of the cable. They are from @Orphek
PXL_20231205_221608764.jpg
PXL_20231128_171612009.jpg
What's the question? How do you allow more slack?
Usually there is a set screw that you loosen to allow some slack. Some are on the sides, others you loosen the top or bottom of the barrel.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
mine for my hybrids when i used them were pressure loaded. you had to push in on the top part and it removed the pressure and allowed the wire to go through. make sure if you release the pressure you are holding the light lol
Or this.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back