4 x 2 x 2 ft stocking advice

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely love this stock list if I were to go up to a 6 ft I would do something very similar. Maybe no leopard wrasse for me and add tang. If I stick with the 4x2x2 as I probably will, strongly considering a CB multi bar angel as the dwarf. Do you have the multi bar already? Was it CB?
Yeah a six footer opens up to more fish since there is more room for them to swim!

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot the tailspot blenny and hasslet goby, updated above.

Yes, captive bred, I have had the multibar almost 2 years now. They come in absolutely tiny and need to eat constantly to not starve at that size so be prepared to grow it out and offer it food all the time. I put it in a 25g grow out tank that was full of macro and pods. I want to say they are like quarter size max.
Captive bred regal will most likely need the same care at first.

Good to know. I find it very rewarding to grow fish up from a small size, for the regal and the dwarf I was hoping to get a juvenile. I’m willing to raise them up. I really like the multibar angels, I’m deciding between them, flame, flameback, multicolor for dwarf angel

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if I end up wanting tangs or foxface in this tank I will switch to a 6 ft 125gal but I really wanted to do a 4ft tank
Plenty of cool fish that are not tangs lol I just really like my tangs so I got a bigger home for them!

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plenty of cool fish that are not tangs lol I just really like my tangs so I got a bigger home for them!
Some tangs are definitely up there on fish I’d like to keep. It’s a tough choice between 4ft 120 and 6ftx1.5ft 125. Let’s say I did go for the 125, what tangs, foxface would you add?

Last edited:

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW if it is gallons you are worried about, your 4 ft vs 125g is pretty much the same... especially when you consider rock.

IDK if you doing lights that are capable of growing algae but one tang or one foxface is helpful if so.

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW if it is gallons you are worried about, your 4 ft vs 125g is pretty much the same... especially when you consider rock.

IDK if you doing lights that are capable of growing algae but one tang or one foxface is helpful if so.
I probably want to pass on strong lights but I have some from smaller tanks taking down if they need the algae. Honestly you guys may have talked me into going longer but skinnier. Should I restart a new thread with a title for those dimensions? Probably right

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
regal angels grow slow. I had 2 for around 6 years. One was shy and one more outgoing. Are you thinking on the Biota?

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
regal angels grow slow. I had 2 for around 6 years. One was shy and one more outgoing. Are you thinking on the Biota?
Yes I would hopefully get a biota or a young Red Sea that’s quarantined / eating well from Dr reef maybe. But I’ve also decided on a 6ft 125gal so I made a new thread to figure out stocking including a regal

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are wonderful fish. I had mine in a 5 foot tank. Gave them to a friend when I downsized to a 4 foot one. Good luck.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back