IMG_20220615_211952.jpg
IMG_20220615_211938.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please read this post and post the things asked for. Will greatly help the experts.

Chortanator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a joke? Or a serious concern?
The orange on the face might be paler than what OP is used to seeing on their clown so they are likely concerned.

OP, I had a black ocellaris that was fully black, but slowly started to turn orange when it was paired with an orange ocellaris. I don't know if colour changing is normal in clownfish, but that's my personal experience with them

ReefLife_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The orange on the face might be paler than what OP is used to seeing on their clown so they are likely concerned.

OP, I had a black ocellaris that was fully black, but slowly started to turn orange when it was paired with an orange ocellaris. I don't know if colour changing is normal in clownfish, but that's my personal experience with them
Yeah possibly what OP meant but hard to tell from the 5 word description of the issue. Although I usually say a picture is worth a thousand words, these pictures here are bit blurry to tell much. If too difficult to take an image, a video is probably better.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would help if you provided a bit more detail where you're noticing the color change and what the color was before vs now. If you have a before and after pic that would be helpful. Every fish is different so without more detail we have no idea what changes you are referring to. Color changes happen for a variety of reasons. Some are normal but some are related to illness.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bright orange to that
Can you please provide details? How long have you had the fish? Did this happen suddenly? Are there other symptoms like rapid breathing, lethargy? Is it still eating? Any other markings that have appeared like bumps or spots? Any other fish in the tank and are they fine? This could be disease related but we need details.

I'm adding in the #fishmedics. They'll need these details.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back