UV sterilizer from Home Depot? For Reef

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a good uv to recommend for short term use then
That's not a thing sadly.. You can have either- but not both! :face-without-mouth:

Also, why short term?

At this stage, you're not going to be able to eradicate ich in your system with a UV. You can manage the population for sure, but eradication is not a realistic result.

For parasite management, you will need to go as big as your budget (and space!) allows. For parasite management, high wattage and low flow rate is the key - but again; you're looking at ich management- not eradication.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Tavero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's true, I didn't think about that.
This thread is a bit older, but to anyone who is interested in these kind of cheap UV lights but is suspicious about the rust resistance of the steel: I bought a similar one and 3d printed the housing. A fast and cheap solution. If there is still demand, I could upload the design files and post them here and in the 3d print section.

twentyleagues

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is a bit older, but to anyone who is interested in these kind of cheap UV lights but is suspicious about the rust resistance of the steel: I bought a similar one and 3d printed the housing. A fast and cheap solution. If there is still demand, I could upload the design files and post them here and in the 3d print section.
How does the filament hold up to uv? Thats a pretty cool idea! I like you guys that print stuff! I am not that capable.

Tavero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the filament hold up to uv? Thats a pretty cool idea! I like you guys that print stuff! I am not that capable.
I expect there is some degradation, but therefore I printed the housing with 5mm wall thickness. Even PLA should hold for at least a decade with that amount of material.

Attachments

• IMG_20241009_020138.jpg
    IMG_20241009_020138.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 8

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back