TL’s big boy peninsula 385 gal Sps build!

Corals.com

Petcrazyson

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my buddy placed a order for fish and gonna trade me out for a top off resi.. I’m getting a radiant and another yellow corris since mine didn’t make it… are these guys gonna play well together? I think the tank is large enough lol… will my inverts be safe with the radiant? @Petcrazyson @i cant think
It should. They don’t get too aggressive tend to leave everyone alone. The chrysus isn’t a big aggressor either and with your sized tank they should be fine that’s a lot of space for just 2 Halichoeres. Inverts as much as snails should technically be ok but shrimp could end up being a tasty entree.

Petcrazyson

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A drop off tank is a tank I’d love but the downside is the drop would have to be rather deep for me to truly enjoy it.
Maybe my next tank will be something unusual and not just a box tank.
Have you seen this?

Petcrazyson

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ted Danson Bad Idea GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should. They don’t get too aggressive tend to leave everyone alone. The chrysus isn’t a big aggressor either and with your sized tank they should be fine that’s a lot of space for just 2 Halichoeres. Inverts as much as snails should technically be ok but shrimp could end up being a tasty entree.
Guess that’s a chance I’ll have to take… the shrimp is huge so it won’t be a problem any time soon if these guys are small… he’s a good 4” long on the body with 6” whiskers lol..hopefully this guy pulls through! He’s very wishy washy lol.. sends me a message almost every day I need this I need that blah blah! Never gets back to me.. so I’m just gonna build his top off and it’s gonna sit here till I get my fish! Make him stick to his words now haha..

Petcrazyson

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess that’s a chance I’ll have to take… the shrimp is huge so it won’t be a problem any time soon if these guys are small… he’s a good 4” long on the body with 6” whiskers lol..hopefully this guy pulls through! He’s very wishy washy lol.. sends me a message almost every day I need this I need that blah blah! Never gets back to me.. so I’m just gonna build his top off and it’s gonna sit here till I get my fish! Make him stick to his words now haha..
Don’t get too comfy though. I bought a 4” cleaner shrimp to my tank, and I had an angelfish that was only almost 3” at the time. Next morning I see the remains of the shrimp and my angelfish fat and happy!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive always had cleaner shrimp in with Halichoeres and they ignore them. I added 3 ~1” Cleaners a few months ago and all 3 are still thriving even though I have;
Halichoeres iridis - 4.5-5”
Halichoeres chloropterus - 5.5-6”
Xenojulis margaritaceus - 2.5-3”
And in my nano I have a Fire shrimp that hangs around yet I have a 2” Macropharyngodon bipartitus and 2 £1 size Pseudocheilinops ataenia. My Peppermint shrimp did vanish a few months ago but I can’t hold the Wrasses against it.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutramar Foods

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never gets back to me.. so I’m just gonna build his top off and it’s gonna sit here till I get my fish!
I would not begin work on his ATO unit until I received some reply to a text. I realize you've texted him already. Nevertheless, I'd send him another letting him know that, "Hey bud... I am not going to build the top off unit unless I hear something back from you." Just me but I may or may not be crazy.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not begin work on his ATO unit until I received some reply to a text. I realize you've texted him already. Nevertheless, I'd send him another letting him know that, "Hey bud... I am not going to build the top off unit unless I hear something back from you." Just me but I may or may not be crazy.
I hear ya! He’s well known and everyone deals with him.. he’s the local connect for fish.. I just haven’t had a deal go through.. I’m not sweating it.. a hour of my time and plenty of people will buy it up quick if he doesn’t come though..

Corals.com
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya! He’s well known and everyone deals with him.. he’s the local connect for fish.. I just haven’t had a deal go through.. I’m not sweating it.. a hour of my time and plenty of people will buy it up quick if he doesn’t come though..
You going to get all fancy with it and mark .5 gallon - 1 gallon - 1.5 gallon etc on it?
Gosh darn it this build is sexy! I would never leave the house.

Thank you! I don’t wanna leave but I gotta pay for it some how! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Speaking of paying, how much did you pay @woodyarmadillo to make that “sexy” comment?

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You going to get all fancy with it and mark .5 gallon - 1 gallon - 1.5 gallon etc on it?

Speaking of paying, how much did you pay @woodyarmadillo to make that “sexy” comment?
4K with everything but the controller and lights.. tank, stand, sump, couple mp40’s return pump and gyree.. and some live rock.

Corals.com

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4K with everything but the controller and lights.. tank, stand, sump, couple mp40’s return pump and gyree.. and some live rock.
You misunderstood my question. I was asking how much you paid the dude from Texas to say your tank was sexy. Nevertheless, 4K is a good price for what you got!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You misunderstood my question. I was asking how much you paid the dude from Texas to say your tank was sexy. Nevertheless, 4K is a good price for what you got!
I figured that out as I was typing it.. haha! I ain’t got no shame in my game..

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s an interesting listing…

That’s a smoking deal with todays prices… it would have cost me close to 4K in acrylic alone to build my tank that’s why I just bought this one and was done! No labor and I didn’t have to buy pumps, and build a stand and sump etc.. my sump alone costs $1,800 lol

Not woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he said he would build me one of those ATOs! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Join the movement!
Back