TL’s big boy peninsula 385 gal Sps build!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my buddy placed a order for fish and gonna trade me out for a top off resi.. I’m getting a radiant and another yellow corris since mine didn’t make it… are these guys gonna play well together? I think the tank is large enough lol… will my inverts be safe with the radiant? @Petcrazyson @i cant think
Halichoeres iridis is the perfect wrasse that gets along with everything…
Mine is a small exception as he’s tank boss but my entire wrasse gang is an exception to any rule of mixing wrasse. You name it and my gang breaks it :)

My radiant is rather large too, he’s pushing 5” at this point and I’ve done nothing special in the 3 years he’s been with me. Got him as a 0.5” female in April/May 2020 and he’s now showing male colouration.
I need to get updated photos of my iridis but here’s a juvenile we have in where I work :)
247C0A3F-EC31-4BAE-BFB0-F821C8B595AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Corals.com

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I don’t know why it took me so long to notice because I’m usually very observant but you easily have the most upside down “Messages” to “Reaction score” stat I have ever seen. I mean, 13,600 messages to 2,335 reactions is just crazy! I have also noticed that many of the “salty” members I see in regularly, in various threads and at various times, have low reaction scores versus their number of messages. I sometimes even use the stats as a tool as it often reflective of the member’s personality. However, in your case, the things do not line up as you have never come off as salty, a know-it-all or other form of cretin… yet. Maybe you just have me fooled! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Seriously, though, I wonder if your “Reaction score” somehow got reset or something.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Halichoeres iridis is the perfect wrasse that gets along with everything…
Mine is a small exception as he’s tank boss but my entire wrasse gang is an exception to any rule of mixing wrasse. You name it and my gang breaks it :)

My radiant is rather large too, he’s pushing 5” at this point and I’ve done nothing special in the 3 years he’s been with me. Got him as a 0.5” female in April/May 2020 and he’s now showing male colouration.
I need to get updated photos of my iridis but here’s a juvenile we have in where I work :)
View attachment 3105102
Beautiful!

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I don’t know why it took me so long to notice because I’m usually very observant but you easily have the most upside down “Messages” to “Reaction score” stat I have ever seen. I mean, 13,600 messages to 2,335 reactions is just crazy! I have also noticed that many of the “salty” members I see in regularly, in various threads and at various times, have low reaction scores versus their number of messages. I sometimes even use the stats as a tool as it often reflective of the member’s personality. However, in your case, the things do not line up as you have never come off as salty, a know-it-all or other form of cretin… yet. Maybe you just have me fooled! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Seriously, though, I wonder if your “Reaction score” somehow got reset or something.
Yeah man idk! I think it’s because I used to be a mod on here like 15 years ago and I don’t believe we had that back then! I took a long break “12 years or so” and just came back what 6 months ago? Lol.. I believe that’s something new that wasn’t implemented back then for the majority of my posts… :thinking-face:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah man idk! I think it’s because I used to be a mod on here like 15 years ago and I don’t believe we had that back then! I took a long break “12 years or so” and just came back what 6 months ago? Lol.. I believe that’s something new that wasn’t implemented back then for the majority of my posts… :thinking-face:
Now we just need to get you up to 20K reactions ;)

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean I was doing crazy stuff back then lol.. here’s one of my tanks.

Nutramar Foods

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a little tired of you throwing around the ol’ “I used to be a mod” thing like that’s going to give you some street cred. We all know you have mad DIY skills. No need to keep bringing up the “DIY mod” anymore. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A drop off tank is a tank I’d love but the downside is the drop would have to be rather deep for me to truly enjoy it.
Maybe my next tank will be something unusual and not just a box tank.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take care slap GIF
Getting a little tired of you throwing around the ol’ “I used to be a mod” thing like that’s going to give you some street cred. We all know you have mad DIY skills. No need to keep bringing up the “DIY mod” anymore. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A drop off tank is a tank I’d love but the downside is the drop would have to be rather deep for me to truly enjoy it.
Maybe my next tank will be something unusual and not just a box tank.
That tank was 175 gallons.. it was 24tall by 24 deep and 36” wide on the shallow part.. the drop off was 36” tall x 24x24 it was a pain! Everything went down in the deep end and collected… if I ever did it again I’d put a closed loop down there blowing it all back up to the shallow part.. if you dropped a frag in the 36” deep part oh boy! Haha..

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I posted on the other thread: well, la-ti-fricken da! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank was 175 gallons.. it was 24tall by 24 deep and 36” wide on the shallow part.. the drop off was 36” tall x 24x24 it was a pain! Everything went down in the deep end and collected… if I ever did it again I’d put a closed loop down there blowing it all back up to the shallow part.. if you dropped a frag in the 36” deep part oh boy! Haha..
Closed loop is something not seen much anymore.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet it was a pain maintaining it, I saw you had a pink lemonade acro in there and I bet that would’ve looked beautiful.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Closed loop is something not seen much anymore.
Not sure why! Wish this peninsula had one! I’m tempted to drain it and drill it :grimacing-face: Much cheaper than vortecs and works better! I need some flow on the other end and don’t want wires or pipes over there… I think about it every day! I got a 6500gph return pump and a couple mp40’s on full blast blowing across the 6ft but being 3 ft wide the flow makes it but the top is collecting a oil slick in the last 2ft or so… rrrrr

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet it was a pain maintaining it, I saw you had a pink lemonade acro in there and I bet that would’ve looked beautiful.
Love that piece! I just picked one from my old colony! How crazy is that? A buddy of mine still has a colony after all these years!
8309684D-C926-434F-B592-4BC4C4A0C8C4.png
F2A1E952-C812-4ADE-A02A-6473F302376C.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why! Wish this peninsula had one! I’m tempted to drain it and drill it :grimacing-face: Much cheaper than vortecs and works better! I need some flow on the other end and don’t want wires or pipes over there… I think about it every day! I got a 6500gph return pump and a couple mp40’s on full blast blowing across the 6ft but being 3 ft wide the flow makes it but the top is collecting a oil slick in the last 2ft or so… rrrrr
Man, go closed loop! If it’s bothering you now it’s just going to get more bothersome as time passes. Best to get it done before everything gets established and balanced than waiting and regretting it. I always used closed loop with CtoC overflow on my bigger systems. As far as I’m concerned, less money, less to maintain, less points of possible failure/problems and better results. What’s there to even think about? That’s just me, of course, but I like trying to keep things as simple as possible. Now, that’s not to say I do not like technology too but everything has its place.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Diaper
Back