TL’s big boy peninsula 385 gal Sps build!

Nutramar Foods

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!
I read most of your thread and your craftsmanship is terrific. I would have been really discouraged if I had to mess with my overflow stand pipe to lower the water in the tank. You seem to take it all in stride. Kudos to you. It's a beautiful tank and will be fun to watch stuff grows in it.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home to find my convict dead… :frowning-face:
he was perfectly fine last night when I went to sleep.. ugh… never showed and any signs of being unhealthy and ate like a champ…

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he was perfectly fine last night when I went to sleep.. ugh… never showed and any signs of being unhealthy and ate like a champ…
Sorry for your loss.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This really sucks. Especially when everything seems to be fine. Sorry.

BRS
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This really sucks. Especially when everything seems to be fine. Sorry.
Yeah man it’s depressing… oh well… such as life! I’ll get more and better ones lol… always come back bigger and better..

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer, that stinks about the convict tang. Losing fish is probably the hardest aspect of this hobby and it's inevitable sometimes. I combat that by doing everything in my power to give my fish the best environment possible and stay focused on the rewards

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer, that stinks about the convict tang. Losing fish is probably the hardest aspect of this hobby and it's inevitable sometimes. I combat that by doing everything in my power to give my fish the best environment possible and stay focused on the rewards
Agreed! I have been feeding these guys like crazy! Normally I feed once a day but since I got this big tank and it holds lots of water I’ve been feeding them 4 times a day plus they go through 2 sheets of nori per day! Everyone is happy so that’s good! Just something outta my control! Sucks… I’ll get another one! That was the wifeys favorite fish..

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing good to update… yellow corris somehow injured his eye.. I’m assuming from diving into the substrate.. my girl saw him yesterday with a swollen eye that was foggy “Popeyes” I would guess.. I got home with him no where to be found so he’s hiding in the sand from the stress… ugh…. Corals are much easier than fish haha! He’s been with me since day one..

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing good to update… yellow corris somehow injured his eye.. I’m assuming from diving into the substrate.. my girl saw him yesterday with a swollen eye that was foggy “Popeyes” I would guess.. I got home with him no where to be found so he’s hiding in the sand from the stress… ugh…. Corals are much easier than fish haha! He’s been with me since day one..
Corals certainly are easier than fish… if only they actually grew when we wanted and didn’t sulk every so often for no reason then I’d be going coral and invert only with 2 pink streaks and a choat’s leopard.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals certainly are easier than fish… if only they actually grew when we wanted and didn’t sulk every so often for no reason then I’d be going coral and invert only with 2 pink streaks and a choat’s leopard.
Yeah no doubt! I knew what I was getting into with the tang gang and one casualty isn’t bad so far… didn’t expect any problems with my corris… hopefully the little guy pulls through he’s way cool..

SapperReef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally got my upgrade yesterday and will be going all out on this build.. upgrading from a 60gal cube to a glass cages 260gal display 72L x 34”W x 24”T and advance acrylics 125gal hybrid sump! Took a long breather from the hobby for about 12 years or so some of you might know me from back then or seen my threads and crazy diy stuff over the last 20 years or so.i got my feet wet again with a little cube 5 months ago and already outgrew it lol.. . New tank is up and running in its new home after a super long day yesterday! 7am we were at my buddies draining this thing and taking it apart, got it to my house and cleaned all the sand and re-used his rock with a large one I just acid washed. It was back up and running by 4pm the same day lol..Tank will be lit by metal halides and radions… still lots of work to do but within a week I’d say I’ll be pretty much done with it besides the canopy I wanna build and the bar I’m gonna build into the stand. This tank will be Sps dominated as my little cube is a frag tank for now holding about 50 different acros for the time being! More pics and goods to come as this thing gets built out and grown out! View attachment 3072740View attachment 3072741View attachment 3072742View attachment 3072743View attachment 3072745View attachment 3072744
going to get rid of the cube?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah no doubt! I knew what I was getting into with the tang gang and one casualty isn’t bad so far… didn’t expect any problems with my corris… hopefully the little guy pulls through he’s way cool..
Fingers crossed!
I honestly admire people like you with such big tang gangs, the most amount of tangs I would ever have is Two… an Achilles and a species of Ctenochaetus. But then again, I have nice big wrasse gangs haha.

Corals.com
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fingers crossed!
I honestly admire people like you with such big tang gangs, the most amount of tangs I would ever have is Two… an Achilles and a species of Ctenochaetus. But then again, I have nice big wrasse gangs haha.
Achilles is my grail! My lfs has one for a smoking good deal right now.. he looks healthy and is eating well so I’m watching him haha! He’s a good 6” long also… I want to get a wrasse gang just gotta make sure they don’t fight or eat my inverts lol

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Achilles is my grail! My lfs has one for a smoking good deal right now.. he looks healthy and is eating well so I’m watching him haha! He’s a good 6” long also… I want to get a wrasse gang just gotta make sure they don’t fight or eat my inverts lol
Build a list of wrasses you like and we can sort through them :)
I recommend looking into;
Anampses
Halichoeres
Cirrhilabrus
Paracheilinus
Xenojulis
Pseudojuloides
Macropharyngodon

I’ll try find my starter list I tend to give people.

Petcrazyson

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anampses
Halichoeres
Cirrhilabrus
Paracheilinus
Xenojulis
Pseudojuloides
Macropharyngodon

Oh lord :face-with-tears-of-joy: …….I was giving him some options as well and I had to with all my might restrain myself from adding every single wrasse….but if your going to give your fav list…..I might as well let loose right?:thinking-face:;):grinning-face-with-big-eyes:

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh lord :face-with-tears-of-joy: …….I was giving him some options as well and I had to with all my might restrain myself from adding every single wrasse….but if your going to give your fav list…..I might as well let loose right?:thinking-face:;):grinning-face-with-big-eyes:
Buhahahaha well I know ima get another silver belly, yellow if my little guy doesn’t make it… :frowning-face:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anampses
Halichoeres
Cirrhilabrus
Paracheilinus
Xenojulis
Pseudojuloides
Macropharyngodon

Oh geez... here we go with two of them. You're going to need two books now, Lee!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back