Thoughts on no water changes?

stephenwjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I have a 75 gallon system that has been running for about 5 months and I have only done 1 water change. I have not fussed with it because my fish are healthy and my parameters have been very stable.

The only “new” water is from my ATO. The only thing that has not been going extremely well is my corals. I have only soft corals in my tank and they are not extending as much as they use to. Could that be because of the lack of nutrients since I am not replacing water? I have just started dosing AB+ this week and am planning on doing that 2x a week.

What are everyone’s thoughts on water changes? If the perimeters are stable and where they’re suppose to be don’t mess with it?
Change your water. I do 40% or more a week. Always cycle the water at least 2 days before use and change the water slowly. I never dose and only do water changes. My tank does great.

AlanS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I have a 75 gallon system that has been running for about 5 months and I have only done 1 water change. I have not fussed with it because my fish are healthy and my parameters have been very stable.

The only “new” water is from my ATO. The only thing that has not been going extremely well is my corals. I have only soft corals in my tank and they are not extending as much as they use to. Could that be because of the lack of nutrients since I am not replacing water? I have just started dosing AB+ this week and am planning on doing that 2x a week.

What are everyone’s thoughts on water changes? If the perimeters are stable and where they’re suppose to be don’t mess with it?
I have seen threads on other forums where reefers admit how long they've gone without water changes. You can go awhile if your tank is big, but better to try and be disciplined.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back