No water change

the schwartz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I have a tank with a few sps a handful of lps and some softies. I was wondering that if I don’t do water changes which I haven’t for about a year now that I would not have to dose amino acids. My thinning is that the fish would provide ample nutrients to the tank since the export of nutrients is only a filter sock. I dose all for reef daily.

chip shop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ e always swore bye water changes but each to there own if it’s working then let it be,aminos are a bit of a myth in my opinion your fish will feed your corals just like in nature

chip shop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't done a water change in months. I find my tank does better without them. I have all LPS in my tank.
Each to their own I’ve always done then know people that don’t with great reefs its just what you feel works for your tank

NE reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question: for those who don’t do water changes or very infrequent changes are you dosing elements. Calcium ect.

Just curious because I’d imagine that at some point the resources in the water would be exhausted and the corals would be negatively impacted?

Currently I’m doing water changes every week and have had good results but if I could cut down on my water change frequency I’d save a couple bucks?

OP
OP
T

the schwartz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question: for those who don’t do water changes or very infrequent changes are you dosing elements. Calcium ect.

Just curious because I’d imagine that at some point the resources in the water would be exhausted and the corals would be negatively impacted?

Currently I’m doing water changes every week and have had good results but if I could cut down on my water change frequency I’d save a couple bucks?
I do dose, I dose all elements through all for reef and have pretty good growth on acros

jgabbsxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'll dose the "Replenish" from Brightwell Aquatics once every week as well as AFR once every week too.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back