• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Soprano Growout Growth and Update Thread

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Let us know how they are doing. Congrats on your PhD, well I guess Good Luck is more appropriate. ;) What are you sitting for your PhD for? We seem to be fairly on track. Started in Nov. so we are 4-5months out. Who are the stragglers/slow growers?

OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working on my PhD in Mechanical/Computational engineering...and maybe a second bachelors in computer science with an emphasis on parallel algorithms.

Sorry it is taking me so long to reply...I have been working on my qualifiers (which will be over this friday) and broke my phone (which is how I access r2r).

I am working out the final shipping details and the polyps should be sent soon...akwarius wants to be paid the shipping fees for the replacements, that is what I am waiting to here about. The replacement drags will be a little smaller but they are free...so yay for that. Sorry I have been so slow to reply, please just be patient with me one more week.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure on exact date, im estimating shipping soon...probably within a month...for at least the first set not in the replacements.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks BCT! Can you give us an update on how everything is doing? I am assuming well and that we haven't lost any more. I am travelling for 2 weeks... Cook Islands :) It's ok to be jealous. :) I'm even a little jealous of myself. June 1-17 so would much prefer to receive after that. I don't want to get them and then not be there in case anything goes wrong.

Thanks!

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure on exact date, im estimating shipping soon...probably within a month...for at least the first set not in the replacements.

ok thanx. i am not part of the replacements because i did not pay for them. i am ready to accept the originals.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to cut frags if the remaining last night and my fragging tools were rusted badly, my wife works in surgical and is bringing me some new stuff home today or tomorrow...once I frag them I would like to give them a little time to heal...then I will ship them. I would prefer to frag over a two day stretch...Allowing me to monitor the frags before I ship ensures the frags are in good health before shipping.

PS I apologize for the seeming long response, I thought I have been posting but looking back in the thread my posts don't seem to be in here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started the fragathon today, I was only able to frag the pink hippos and the tequilas due to time (my son woke up) I cut six frags of each and left some backup polyps in case of lost frags. They all are already open. I'm gonna cut some more stuff tomorrow and Monday. There is only three soul snatchers and the frag that I have that is very similar to the soprano (it even had a green center, but it faded out) that I told you I will sub only has three polyps. I will continue to cut the rest of the frags and you two let me know if you want to wait for my replacement offer (free), and ^we still need to wait a little while on the soulsnatcher. I plan to cut blondies, lazier lemons, and darth mauls tomorrow.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the away, family had some issues...miscarriage :(.

Like I state in the previous post, the soul snatchers need to grow out some more, what I said I would frag has been fragged and healing. There is a couple frag that sill need to be cut...the Phoenix and something else. I don't know if you want the soprano replacement I have or not, if you do it is at three polyps and needs to grow a little. Otherwise, a little heal time and a little more cutting on Monday and they are ready to go (except soul snatcher). I just got my diamond cut off wheel for my dremel, to get the tougher frags...I'm just going to cut up the plug and separate the colony that way. On a side note, the insanos died...

Nutramar Foods

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be out of the country June 3-17th and will not have access to the internet. If anything happens that needs a group decision please proceed with whatever the majority decides. I will catch up when I return. Thanks!

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inhale to cut some new tequilas bit there is still three good frags. Go ahead and pm me you shipping info and preferred method so I can start getting that worked out. I have to cut up the time machines but cutting the rock and plug with a dremel should not effect the polyps to much.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back