• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Soprano Growout Growth and Update Thread

OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals,

No pics this update but I have a growth update. Some of the frags have started showing new growth, so I have updated the bargraph so you can see what has shown growth. I had to frag the soul snatchers in order to save them, one of the frags is spitting off a baby already so I guess it was a good move. A mayan sun polyp has started opening and another one is peaking out, I can't tell if that is all of them or not because they are really tiny polyps (about half the size of an insano or a quarter of the size of a time machine, maybe they will get bigger a little later). I don't want to get to excited to early but the soprano has what looks like what might be a nub starting to shoot off already, but can't tell for sure. It has gotten a lot bigger since I put it in the tank, though and is looking good. The tequilas actually have two nubs sprouting off, not a single baby like the graph shows. Below is how to read the graph

nub = +0.25 (A n ub where I can tell a polyp is going to sprout, maybe a little bit of a polyp sticking through)
baby = +0.5 (a full blown baby polyp)
juvenile = +0.75 (more than half size fully colored new polyp)
adult = 1 (baby is full sized twin of the parent)

growout_101711.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great update and great job! I have to say, love the bargraph! I 'm such a dork.

Thanks,

Being an engineer / computational gradUate student, I have become accustomed to presenting data as various plots (graphs) and tables. To me it is much easier than typing a bunch of words. For who will want it, I can email the excel file once a month with that I am making notes in about growth, color and appearance

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I can't give a solid update now, I am out of town and have a friend watching the tank. I know the black magic have taken a nosedive and seem to be melting. The soprano is indeed shooting off a baby. I will give a better update with new pics when I get in town Tuesday or Wednesday.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is my wife and my 12 yr anniversary from when we started dating in high school. She wants to spend it setting up Halloween stuff but I will get you a solid update tomorrow.

OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update with a bargraph, I will get pics up after my wife gets home from work and tells me where the camera cable is. The soprano has a baby and a nub already, and most of everything has sprouted a baby. The black magics did melt, I have no idea why they were doing and great and suddenly just shriveled up and vanished :(. I had a buddy take care of my tank the for a few days and I think he might of overfed the tank a little so I have a slight cyano outbreak, I am what I call storm cycling my tank to take care of it. Running all four powerheads at once and only giving a few hours of light. My camera is still acting crazy when zoomed in so the pics will be like the previous ones, group shots when I upload them later.

The slowest growers seem to be the darth mauls, **** beaches, laser lemons and arm II as they exhibit no change right now. (The darth mauls and arm II might have a nub branching off but it is hard to tell.)

growout_102211.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some bad news, my camera battery is dead and my wife has misplaced the camera's usb cable so iPhone pics will have to do for now. I just tried snapping some pics of a couple of the frags with babies for you guys to see some growth. The cyano is still in my tank but has started to subside, hopefully in a couple more days and it will be gone. I also found a dead pipefish in my powerhead today what sort of sucked.

Img02.jpg

If you look at the frag in the background (between the insanos and the blue rhinos) you will see the bloodshot with two babies.

img03.jpg

Here is the god of war with its two babies (one is sort of on the back but you can see it)

img04.jpg

You can see the soprano baby (the frag closest to the front) underneath the skirt of the momma. There is a nub on the other side that is going to be another baby probably by this weekend.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just going to give a quick update because not much had changes. Soprano has another new hub along with the two babies...and the darthmauls have spit off a baby finally, and the laser lemons finally have what I think is a nub branching off. Everything else has not changed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be uploading some pics tonight or tomorrow, my wife needs to show me where she his the camera transfer cable. I can tell you the soprano has three babies and the momma is getting big (the size of the fray plug) and very very bright. Under 15ks it is a golden color with yellow to green fingers, under ATI blue plus it is a screaming yellow with very bright yellow skirt (almost blinding) I can not capture the color in a photo. The babies haven't really started coloring yet. The darth mails split off three babies over the last week, and the god of war babies are full sized. The arm II finally has a baby and the pink hippos have two babies. One our time machines has fine some kind of crazy morph with green specks all over it...pics and a better update to follow shortly :).

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back