• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexycorals "My Miami chalice" growout..

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if the coral just starts to die?

I've mentioned that earlier. I have 3 other tanks that it can go to if something happens to my frag tank.

If the coral starts to die for no reason and moving it from tank to tank doesn't help...well, nobody has a plan for that. I could attempt to dip it and hope for the best.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Killer looking piece Mike. Thanks!

Kraylen weren't you going to give us some advice on care for this to make it grow fast, stay healthy, etc.?

He couldn't quite yank it out of the place he gets information from yet.... give him a few more days :)

BRS
Top Shelf Aquatics

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm following along as I'm curious to see how fast it grows out, so I'm in for the just keeping this thread open and adding the logs here.

For what it's worth if I can offer anything on growing a MM, feel free to hit me up, otherwise I'm keeping my yap as I figure Speg's got pretty established systems and knows what he's doing, so it should go great.

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm following along as I'm curious to see how fast it grows out, so I'm in for the just keeping this thread open and adding the logs here.

For what it's worth if I can offer anything on growing a MM, feel free to hit me up, otherwise I'm keeping my yap as I figure Speg's got pretty established systems and knows what he's doing, so it should go great.

I don't mind advice at all...if people want to suggest stuff, I'm all for it. Yours grew pretty quick...wouldn't mind knowing any tricks you feel you've got...and some before/current pics ;)

Avast
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sheesh..your flatworms are out of control still :p

Do you think any certain thing you're doing is more successful than something else? Any foods that you think do better than others? My coral usually all respond well with mysis in a mixture of rods (original) food.

NanoNano

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sheesh..your flatworms are out of control still :p

Do you think any certain thing you're doing is more successful than something else? Any foods that you think do better than others? My coral usually all respond well with mysis in a mixture of rods (original) food.

6 line wrasse would help with that.

Corals.com

Tyrrell109

Wet Behind The Ears
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as its not killed right away i can help if somthing goes wrong. My tank is almost ready for corals(fighting Kh right now), plus im 35 mins away from Speg.
Thats why Mike is such a great guy too be holding my piece of Sexyness till its fixed. Thanks again bro.

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as its not killed right away i can help if somthing goes wrong. My tank is almost ready for corals(fighting Kh right now), plus im 35 mins away from Speg.
Thats why Mike is such a great guy too be holding my piece of Sexyness till its fixed. Thanks again bro.

Perfect. You're my go-to guy if I can't take care of the coral for whatever reason. I'll just drive it to you :p

Rayzback

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out first and last post here, just put up a pic I took a couple weeks ago that's pretty current. Whats weird is it has two eyes combined into one-there's a large mouth on its side that has two seperate feeding entrances.

Dude... that's a really nice piece.

Avast
AquaCave Logo Banner

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it's sad he'll be cutting it up sooner or later. :xd:

I'm sure you'll be so heartbroken :tongue: As soon as one of the eyes gets a little more "body" in between it and another eye, i'll be cutting it for you. I'd still like to hold the piece 3-4 weeks after cutting to give it a chance to recover and heal out. There's a massive eye on the one side though that I'm trying to encourage to seperate out as it'd be a perfect piece to start a new colony for ya.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back