• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexycorals "My Miami chalice" growout..

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Saturday morning update:

There is no real update, except this update that isn't an update at all. The only real update is that there is no update to update anyone about. Once there is an actual update worthy of calling it an "update" there will immediately be a post followed by the update. Any updates after this one are not subject to these conditions; but keep in mind, this is not a real update and is only an attempt to show others that no update is yet available to update the rest of the members about. An update will come shortly, but at this time we must continue to wait for the update.

I'll update again shortly.

Reef lvr

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There is no real update, except this update that isn't an update at all. The only real update is that there is no update to update anyone about. Once there is an actual update worthy of calling it an "update" there will immediately be a post followed by the update. Any updates after this one are not subject to these conditions; but keep in mind, this is not a real update and is only an attempt to show others that no update is yet available to update the rest of the members about. An update will come shortly, but at this time we must continue to wait for the update.

Now thats an update!

MoneyPit

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Now that's funny ! :haha:

Corals.com
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woo!!! It's on its way! Mike told me that he shipped it today and I'll get it tomorrow...took the day off and I'll be waiting at the door with my tongue hangin out and tail wagging.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok! I'm back online! I figured it out without my wife....hahaha.... just kidding, she walked me through it on the phone....

Anyways, our My Miami came in today. The water in the box was a little cold but the coral seems to be holding up just fine now in my warmer tank. It was a little shriveled looking, but has gotten a bit more "plump" in the last 2 hours or so. I plan on feeding tonight to see how it goes!

I'll try to get a pic of it when my wife gets home since her phone takes pics and I'll update when there's something to update..

ps: I texted all of you when it arrived...but I'm not sure that you guys even receive text messages or not :) sorry!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it would be fun to share news in parts to keep things more interesting!

Sexycorals really hooked us up for this growout. Two eyes instead of one...so awesome.

but wait....

Sexycorals also gave us an "unreleased" coral for this growout!! I can't see the colors yet since they're not fully out..but the coral is an acan lord and looks really cool from what I can see so far. This coral will be grown out and given to all members of the growout along with the My Miami.

To the 5 of us: This acan lord "extra/freebie" is not part of the My Miami growout. If the coral isn't ready to be shipped by the time the My Miami is, then we'll have to ship that at another time. My main concern is to get you guys the My Miami as quickly as possible. Also, just a reminder, I am going to do everything I can to get this thing growing but I can't offer any sort of time frame and I can't promise that it'll stay alive. If it dies or doesn't grow as fast as you thought then that's part of the risk involved with these growouts.

That all being said, I am personally very confident.

NanoNano

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have faith in you. You have kept plenty of chalices from the sound of it. Thanks SexyCorals for the hookup. Sounds awesome.

Would love to see the pics when you get them. I ordered a new camera from Amazon today. Woohoo!

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have faith in you. You have kept plenty of chalices from the sound of it. Thanks SexyCorals for the hookup. Sounds awesome.

Would love to see the pics when you get them. I ordered a new camera from Amazon today. Woohoo!

I currently have 19 different chalices (including My Miami).

My pics won't be pretty and certainly won't be as good as what Mike originally posted for us..but it'll offer a good reference for growth. Let me work on a pic now and I'll see if I can't seduce it to get those tentacles out for some munchies.

I haven't heard from Rayzback...I hope he is aware that I got it and he's doing well.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Coral-vault.com
Back