• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexycorals "My Miami chalice" growout..

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really looks like we've got a solid 5 people willing to participate in the growout!

So the plan is:

We'll all 5 make our payments to sexycorals next week via paypal. I won't be collecting the money, we'll all sperately send it to Mike(sexycorals.com)

If anyone at all unfamiliar with how the growout works:

We will all pay our part of the coral (next week). Sexycorals will send me (speg--the host of the growout) the frag(s). After he sends me the frag, I will place it in my frag tank and allow the coral to feed/grow and do my best to keep it alive. Once the coral reaches 5 healthy eyes, I will frag it into 5 pieces and then the other 4 members will pay shipping to have me ship to their home. So, understand that you will pay the first payment of $120 to sexycorals, and then you'll pay me for shipping. I don't make a DIME on shipping--I only charge for whatever USPS or another service charges me--I get free boxes/styrofoam and have tons of urine cups already--again, I don't charge you other than what I get charged.

After that, that's it! Hopefully we all have a piece of the my miami :)

My responsbility: I will do my absolute best to make sure the coral survives. I have many other coral (including chalices) growing/thriving in my frag tank. If something happens to my frag tank, I have other tanks that the coral can safely be placed in as a "backup plan".

It's also my responsbility to communicate with the members in the growout. You'll be able to contact me via R2R messages, this thread, my personal email, and personal cell phone.

I come on R2R daily, so you should expect updates as soon as I have new news about the coral. Keep in mind, the coral is thought to be a fast grower, but that doesn't mean it'll grow a new eye every day, week, or month. There is no set time given for how long it'll take during this growout; I will give you new pictures, information, etc once there is information to give.

I have already taken the responsbility to communicate with each member, find members for the grow out, and work with Mike from sexycorals.com to help us with this growout. Mike is willing to throw in another frag so we will have TWO frags for the growout. I will let Mike decide which frag to throw in. Keep in mind, I have no idea what it'll be and I won't know how that coral grows/frags. The original plan is for the my miami--if the other coral is not ready to be split into 5 pieces when the my miami is, the my miami must still be shipped out and we can ship the other coral later. I want to hold onto the my miami for as short a time as possible! I want us ALL to have it. When I get the coral, I'll consider it only 1/5 mine.

Keep in mind, hosting a growout is probably the most stressful position to be in...so please don't put any more stress on me than I need :angel: This is my first time participating in a growout. If it's successful, we can do more!

Thanks guys.

This will be fun.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. I'm getting a bunch of people asking for spots. I think we have 5 people who are seriously interested in doing this, but it doesn't hurt to add names to the "just in case" list. We'll be paying next week; if you don't pay, then someone from the list gets the chance :) Want to keep this for people who actually are truly interested.

Thanks fellas! I can't wait.

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. We have at least 5 ready to go. These first 5 will get first dibs on payment; if they can't make the payment, the next in line will get the chance to pay. That being said, don't feel like you can't PM me asking to be a backup member--there's always room for backups!

1) Me
2) NanoNano
3) Extremehobbyist
4) Rayzback
5) Tyrrell109
----------------
Backups (in no particular order)
1) Kraylen
2) Neveroddoreven
3) ruppertb
4) Kris
5) nissan97240
6) nguyentv
7) crlmn11
8) Hippo Tang

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Pinellas Park(North of St.Pete), Tampas about 20 mins away :) . I guess maybe i wont have to worry about shipping?

Well, I always say around Tampa so people know where I am. I'm actually in New Port Richey. You're only about an hour drive or so :)

Top Shelf Aquatics
CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, this is the week we need to make payment! I want to try to get our payments in to sexycorals by mid-week this week--so around Wednesday (11/10/10).

Please PM me if you're ready to make your payment to sexycorals or if you don't think you'll be able to, or if you have any other issues/questions before we get this thing going.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So, guess I'll make a list of payments to make sure we're all getting in this. Again, I really want us all to have payments in by Wednesday. Please message me if this isn't possible for you and I'll see how long you need.

Paid:
1. Tyrell109
2. Rayzback
3. NanoNano

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Back