• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexycorals "My Miami chalice" growout..

AquaCave Logo Banner

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow congrats guys 3 months time is pretty awesome you must be Babying that frag man I got one the same time and it hasn't budged!!!! The rim got slightly bigger but not even close to eye lol.... A job well done speg...;)

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow congrats guys 3 months time is pretty awesome you must be Babying that frag man I got one the same time and it hasn't budged!!!! The rim got slightly bigger but not even close to eye lol.... A job well done speg...;)

Hey thanks a lot, Troylee. Just keep feeding yours daily....but yes, I totally baby my coral. I sit at he tank and make sure the food is taken in and no fish or crabs try to remove the food.

I don't want to just say "yep, 5th eye!" because the spot looks like an eye, but it's not 100% there yet...but in my personal opinion in dealing with this chalice for this time......I would like to say that it is certainly a 5th eye...but again, I'm on a hobbyist and not a scientist or marine biologist that has gone to college for the study of My Miami :)

It's funny because this spot wasn't there yesterday and I swear it must have happened over night...I had just sent out a text message to all these guys saying there was no 5th eye yet :p

I'll let you guys know when I can surely say that it is or isn't and I'll get a pic of it when able. Trying to get these stupid rough drafts done for college today....such a pain :p

Top Shelf Aquatics

Tyrrell109

Wet Behind The Ears
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Fingers crossed & premature dance) Sweet!!!
I learned feeding my corals from speg, and my eye growth on chalices is not too shabby. I Take all my crabs out into a seperate container and watch to make sure the clown and shrimp dont steal the food(i usually give the shrimp a nice sized piece to keep him busy).
Im just glad there is a tv next to the tank some days.

Rayzback

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on Speg! Funny.. got that text the other day, logged in tonight and was like what??? Let's hope!!

Same here Tyrrell109. After seeing the success Speg was having, I started feeding my other chalices (weekly anyway). I have a small clear plastic cup with a couple small holes drilled in the top that I lower down over the frag (on bottom) then shoot food into a hole with a sea squirt. The frags are close to the glass so I can keep the cup pinned down with my mag cleaner. It keeps the hermits and pistol shrimp at bay.

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah..it's weird..I have a pic that I took the other day and that spot isn't there at all..then like literally overnight there's an eye coming in.

I didn't feed yesterday but I'll go ahead and feed tonight..and I will be doing a water change tonight as well.

AS
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new eye is coming in nicely. I think I mentioned it before, but I'll mention it again...our "freebie" acans never made it. I have a empty skeleton of them unfortunately.

Now, the plan is to wait until this new eye is fully developed and then frag it up and let the frags heal....and then SEND THEM OUT! So, lets all hope and pray that everything goes alright in the fragging process. I mentioned before that I had recently fragged some chalices and they are all doing very well and growing quite nicely.

Rayzback had pm'ed me a little while ago and said that he would like to do future growouts and wants "first dibs". I feel like if I do host another one that you 4 (in this growout) should have first dibs when it comes to that growout. I've also had a handfull of people pm me asking to be included in future growouts...so...yeah..just for the record :)

BRS

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new eye is coming in nicely. I think I mentioned it before, but I'll mention it again...our "freebie" acans never made it. I have a empty skeleton of them unfortunately.

Now, the plan is to wait until this new eye is fully developed and then frag it up and let the frags heal....and then SEND THEM OUT! So, lets all hope and pray that everything goes alright in the fragging process. I mentioned before that I had recently fragged some chalices and they are all doing very well and growing quite nicely.

Rayzback had pm'ed me a little while ago and said that he would like to do future growouts and wants "first dibs". I feel like if I do host another one that you 4 (in this growout) should have first dibs when it comes to that growout. I've also had a handfull of people pm me asking to be included in future growouts...so...yeah..just for the record :)

Yup!I Pm'ed you myself,haha!Crazy Fox,remember!!!!

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup!I Pm'ed you myself,haha!Crazy Fox,remember!!!!

Yep, I haven't forgotten the ones that want in the next one.......if there is a next one... ;) We'll have to see if sexycorals is ready to re-answer the call of duty.

Big thanks to Sexycorals again for giving us an extra eye to speed things along. It was a nice hook-up for sure.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still coming in but the new eye is gaining some good color.

I have about two weeks left of this quarter of college and I think that it would be a great time for me to frag during that time if you guys are ready to stop the growout.

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife says "looks like My Miami is about to grow onto the rack"

I actually think we may have another eye or two..lol...what's going on?????

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back