• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexycorals "My Miami chalice" growout..

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm loving the way it's draping over the frag plug-just some sort of real good feeling when you see a coral doing that.

lol yeah! As you can see from the pic, I usually frag coral before they're able to drape over...but I have a couple chalices in the tank doing the drape...and it looks way cool.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some new lights today so I'm letting the my miami and other corals in the tank slowly acclimate to the new lighting....that being said, I wont be feeding the my miami until the tank is adjusted to the light..

Some good news..pics coming soon of the My Miami in the new lights (it looks awesome!)

Bad news..I don't think the free acans we got are going to make it. I have 3 other frags of acans right next to those ones and they're the only ones that just don't look healthy. I felt like they were on the way out when we first got them...but who knows, maybe I'm wrong and they'll bounce back.

pics tomorrow (or soon) :)

Corals.com
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hehe..moonlights..I couldn't wait..

newlightmiami.jpg

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what would we do if when the fith eye comes more eyes pop out around the same time

Assuming that all of the other 5 pieces are fully healed, I would like to take the extra eye and put it up for sale. The money would either get deposited into all 5 of our paypal accounts evenly, or we could use the money for another growout. I will NOT be keeping any extra eyes.

Update: The my miami continues to do great and is thriving under the new lighting. I am still acclimating the tank to the lights, but that'll soon be over and I will then start to feed the my miami again.

Let me know what you guys think of the above mentioned plan or if you have other solutions.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speg man... Im glad i got into this growout, just to have met someone with some freakin integrity(very rare these days). I would be apt

So that sounds like a good idea then?

I've said this before..you guys put in the same exact amount of money that I did and it took all 5 of our money combined in order to be able to purchase this. Yes, I'm growing/fragging the coral...but I like doing that stuff :p I could sit here and feed coral all day as a job and I would LOVE my job lol....I'm glad you guys trusted me with this and I can't wait until I can frag it and prove to you guys that you made a good choice with this growout....and we're almost there!

Avast
Corals.com

emerald525

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
steroids...actually, anything meaty.

ahhh gotcha! Thanks I was wondering if you were using one particular formulation. I usually use a mixture of foods as well and then target feed. Someone had mentioned a specific food they feed for chalices called fauna marine.

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahhh gotcha! Thanks I was wondering if you were using one particular formulation. I usually use a mixture of foods as well and then target feed. Someone had mentioned a specific food they feed for chalices called fauna marine.

Sounds like you're paying for a name with that stuff.... God doesn't feed Fauna Marine ;)

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion Lighting & Supply
Back