• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexycorals "My Miami chalice" growout..

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo... UPDATE!

We're still at 4 eyes. 2 that came originally with the coral and both are looking good--even the gimpy one is big now. Also, two new eyes, one that looks a little more developed than the other.

The my miami has currently taken over the frag disk. I almost feel like we (I) should frag it so that it's able to continue to spread. It's literally out of room at this point :p

That's up to all of us though. If you guys want, I can frag it and let it continue to grow out, even though this is against the original plan.

or, I can just continue to let it grow and maybe a 5th eye will pop up.

Let me know what you guys think. This isn't a majority vote, this is all or none.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were you, and this is one mans opinion, I'd let it grow. Cutting it might adversely affect it's growth. Give it stability, food and time and you guys should have enough eyes to go around in a couple of more months. Good luck either way!

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If everyone wants. Speg can frag it, and send you all your pieces. I can wait till Spegs frag grows, he's a trustworthy guy.
Let me know what you think.

I appreciate that, but I don't think that one of us should receive the coral before the other.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said that we can't do anything unless we all decide on it one way or the other...so we're going to wait :)

I don't think it'll be too much longer. 1 of the newer of the 4 eyes seems to have developed almost completely and the other new eye is still coming in but looking really good.

I'm still continuing to feed it!

Oh...on a side note...I did frag a bunch of my chalices two days ago and they all did REALLY well in the fragging process...that's a good sign for the future :p

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone else thinking 'combined shipping' :}

Hey, if you want them you can have them.

On a side note..very busy day for me..both good and bad things..but life goes on... I came home and took a quick glance at the my miami and it looks like an orange spot is developing on its outter rim...maybe a 5th eye soon guys.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still waiting for pics :bigsmile: , y'all who've paid in are being way too patient for those of us just following along for the eye candy :xd:

Wow, I've given pics a few times...you're obviously not following along very well. I'll get some pics tonight.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FnR
Back