• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexycorals "My Miami chalice" growout..

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated pic. There's still a couple really small orange(ish) spots on the rim, but it's hard to tell if those will turn into eyes or if they're just part of the rim. I guess only time will tell. The poor coral has officially ran out of growing room though :p lol

newmiami.jpg

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your lucky we got ours in march of last year and it still hasnt even filled the plug yet. nice job speg.

Have you been feeding it? Mine will literally take food every day. I haven't been feeding quite that often now though and it's running out of growing room :'(

by the way, sorry there hasn't been any talk from me in a few days fellas. I had a computer issue and just now got it resolved. Coral is still doing great. I'm starting to think those spots weren't eyes though :'( I'm going to go feed it right now to promote some growth..but I don't know where the thing plans on growing :p no more frag plug space! lol

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speg-Advice on growth!

Take a tile and glue the frag plug to it,it will grow,or take and place the coral on 4 square plugs,and let it grow down into that,by that time,you should have new eyes very soon.

Good luck!To bad I didnt get in on this,I didnt find it till it was fully filled,or I would have!

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually thinking of doing that. I've done it with other coral and it works out fairly well.

Thanks.

If we do a crazy fox or something else, I'll let you know.

Nutramar Foods

josepy1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you been feeding it? Mine will literally take food every day. I haven't been feeding quite that often now though and it's running out of growing room :'(

by the way, sorry there hasn't been any talk from me in a few days fellas. I had a computer issue and just now got it resolved. Coral is still doing great. I'm starting to think those spots weren't eyes though :'( I'm going to go feed it right now to promote some growth..but I don't know where the thing plans on growing :p no more frag plug space! lol
yea mine in nics are growing about the same rate. I feed mine three times a week, she does not like to eat much.

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my (our) miami has grown down and over the plug on the sides...the plug is literally not visible anymore on the frag rack. Still no 5th eye!

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pacific East
Back