• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexycorals "My Miami chalice" growout..

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to post information that I can't confirm or deny......BUT......There are two spots on the my miami where the surface is smooth...both spots are circle/oval shaped. They're still the blue(ish) color of the base...but It's my unprofessional opinion that these will turn into eyes soon. I have several other chalices and this seems to be a common trend in chalices when they're growing eyes.

Again, this may be nothing...but we'll know more by the end of the week. I'll keep you guys posted.

BRS
AS
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last two days I have gotten the little eye to eat. Seems like it'll take food quite easily now!

The big eye is still a pig.

Those spots haven't really changed too much...I still believe they're soon-to-be eyes, but only time will tell...maybe I'm just dreamin :)

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh...aren't you guys glad you got into the less stressful growout? :)

OUR My Miami is continuing to grow. I plan on taking a couple pictures tonight when my wife gets home (not of my wife..of the coral!) and I'll put up the original pics so you guys can see the side-by-side growth. It's grown past the outside edge of the frag plug in a few areas!

There's a spot in the middle that still has me perplexed. If an eye was going to pop up...I swear that would be the spot! Only time will tell...pics coming tonight!

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok...not doing photobucket this time cause I'm lazy. Let me know if you think it's growing...I can't tell ;)

Day 1 and 12/17/10:

mymiamiday1.jpg

mymiamicurrent.jpg

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't tell?? Ha! Good job Speg! Thanks for the update.

No problem! I tried to text you about a very serious question...but of course you didn't answer :p

Can you guys see the spot on the coral that I'm talking about?? The spot has a greenish tint to it...and I may be just seeing things..but it looks like it's turning orange...I may just be seeing what I want to see ;)

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Your Reef
Back