• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexycorals "My Miami chalice" growout..

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fed the my miami some turkey today..I know it's having a great Thanksgiving and I hope you all did too.

Our freebie is hanging on pretty well but isn't puffing out yet like acans should...still may need some healing time.

Our my miami is still looking great. I'm taking a lot of pics of it so we can really tell if there is any growth happening.

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure hope you guys appreciate the work I'm doing on these little corals..

I sat here for two hours today with a turkey baster wielded in my right hand and a watchful eye on my lion fish....had to make sure that our baby my miami would be able to eat undisturbed.

It worries me that the thing may never grow..I know it hasn't been long...and if it eases your guys' minds (it eases mine), my other chalices are growing pretty well and are getting new eyes/mouths popping up pretty frequently.

ps: I haven't heard much from extremehobbyist or rayzback. I hope they're following along!

AquaCave Logo Banner

SDguy

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might consider making some sort of protective screen cover, like a mini upside down strawberry basket, to make your life easier :)

I sat here for two hours today with a turkey baster wielded in my right hand and a watchful eye on my lion fish....had to make sure that our baby my miami would be able to eat undisturbed.

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might consider making some sort of protective screen cover, like a mini upside down strawberry basket, to make your life easier :)

I had the urine cup/weighted down method...but sometimes I find that if you talk to a chalice and sing songs (So happy together--The Turtles) to them, they tend to grow quicker and healthier...in my experience....so the two hours seems to be well spent.

josepy1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you're not referring to the MyMiami/Tangerine growout, alright with me :)

That's the most recent growout if I recall correctly.
actually the newest growout is ours "monster, miami, bpc, pink *******" and i do have to say they all are very very slow growers even the my miami.

Avast

josepy1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which grow out is this? I did not see this one. Who is in it?
Actually it is still there My Miami/Monster Mash. Most of the guys are from BRS but i got a few from here. I do all my high end shopping here. Cherokee dude was one until he broke down his tank, Las is another. Good luck speg

Last edited:

NanoNano

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure hope you guys appreciate the work I'm doing on these little corals..

It worries me that the thing may never grow..I know it hasn't been long...and if it eases your guys' minds (it eases mine), my other chalices are growing pretty well and are getting new eyes/mouths popping up pretty frequently.

ps: I haven't heard much from extremehobbyist or rayzback. I hope they're following along!

Definitely appreciate it. It will grow, just might take a while. Keep the faith!

Rayzback

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please enjoy some pictures of the hotel that "our miami" is currently staying at...Also a blurry pic of "our miami" chowing down...
pic5.jpg
pic4.jpg
pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

ps: pics are taken on a cell camera under very little actinics...sorry that my coral doesn't "glow". :) wysiwyg!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Champion Lighting & Supply
Back