Reefbuilders goes Subscription based?

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have mentioned, it's only if you use an ad blocker. They have a website and staff to pay for, if no one buys ad space then they can't pay their bills. Everyone's gotta eat

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an ad blocker, I've just been all over the site and got no subscription 'invitation'.
I wonder what the magic number of articles read is before it starts harrassing you?
Or perhaps number of articles per a certain time period, as some online newspapers do.

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also saw the subscription notification. I was on mobile, no I don't run ad blocker on mobile. I couldn't read the article I was on because the subscription window blocked the majority of my phone screen. Just went to the site from my work PC and got no popup to subscribe. Maybe IT is blocking pop ups or something. Haven't tried to access the site from my home PC yet.

Nicole Helgason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and thank you for following ReefBuilders. If you are running into the subscription notice it is because you have an active ad blocker. Please disable your adblocker on the site to continue reading free content. Cheers

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I get the same thing.

I wonder if Reef2Reef is getting a cut of that since they have a script that post every new article on ReefBuilders.

No cut for us! We just like bringing and sharing good content to you and Jake and Nicole from Reef Builders have great content! :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ps. It’s only fair that if you use a site for information then you should at least let them run their ads if it’s a free site. IMHO. :)

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and thank you for following ReefBuilders. If you are running into the subscription notice it is because you have an active ad blocker. Please disable your adblocker on the site to continue reading free content. Cheers

I would think a pop up asking to disable ab blocker would be more effective than asking to subscribe.

dryworm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get around the popup on chrome, click the padlock symbol on the left side of the URL bar. Click site settings. Then find java on the list and switch it from allow to block. reload the page and it should be gone.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
You would think they would have made some type of announcement ??

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back