R2R LIVE SALE 3/5/22 SAT - Aqua SD 15th Year Anniversary LIVE SALE - Discounts, Games, Freebies, Fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Freakmachine01

Guess who I'v seen today... Everyone I looked at.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to pick up 2 more pieces with the after sale
Screenshot_20220308-081043.png
Screenshot_20220308-080953.png

Seamore2001

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised no one has picked up this one - I would if I thought I (still) had room. At $280 post discount, it's a showpiece.
1646752676879.png

I'm looking at one of my tanks, thinking "If I pull that stupid massive Colt coral colony out and throw it away, I'll have room, right".

Get thee behind me Satan....

flashsmith

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Symphilia don't ship well. Those are the only corals I've lost during shipping. Lost one from ASD which they refunded. They even confirmed they are not the best shippers. I do have 1 Symphilia that does good but lobos in general haven't been kind to me. I can grow Scolys like crazy but lobos not so much. I thought they were pretty much the same but apparently not.

Seamore2001

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @flashsmith Mine have shipped fine, actually. The funny thing is that one of my lobos turned out to be a symphyllia, which has now been reclassified as a lobo. And another of my lobos isn't one because it's been reclassified as a (massive) Acan. Essentially all Aussie symphyllia are lobos, and some lobos are actually acans, and then there are lobos that are and always have been lobos.

You can see the morphological differences as well as behavioral ones (i.e. skeleton ridges and how often and far they extend feeding tentacles). Either way you go about it, they're really neat.

ASD stands behind their corals, so I'm comfortable buying their lobos (whatever they actually are) from them.

Salty716

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @flashsmith Mine have shipped fine, actually. The funny thing is that one of my lobos turned out to be a symphyllia, which has now been reclassified as a lobo. And another of my lobos isn't one because it's been reclassified as a (massive) Acan. Essentially all Aussie symphyllia are lobos, and some lobos are actually acans, and then there are lobos that are and always have been lobos.

You can see the morphological differences as well as behavioral ones (i.e. skeleton ridges and how often and far they extend feeding tentacles). Either way you go about it, they're really neat.

ASD stands behind their corals, so I'm comfortable buying their lobos (whatever they actually are) from them.
Makes me want to win my eBay auction on a couple :)

VegasReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TeamAquaSD are amazing. Received an email stating that one of my purchases was not looking so hot... So, they are replacing it prior to shipping with a better item. Its the little things that keep me coming back. Thanks again!!

tanner h

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, just curious if you dip your corals from Aquasd? I won’t be home to unpack my box but my girlfriend will be. Do I need to teach her how to dip corals ? I believe my prior shipments from them were clean of any pest but I just wanted to see what y’all think, I have about 20 pieces coming

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, just curious if you dip your corals from Aquasd? I won’t be home to unpack my box but my girlfriend will be. Do I need to teach her how to dip corals ? I believe my prior shipments from them were clean of any pest but I just wanted to see what y’all think, I have about 20 pieces coming
I don't, and I've never gotten any pests from them, but I also have multiple wrasses who eat coral pests, so your mileage may vary

bondsgot73

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always dip your frags no matter who you get coral from - online or local. Pests aren’t a risk worth taking.

JGT

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dip everything you get from any vendor. Cheap insurance against headaches later on.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Always dip your corals bro!

You could get some of the Coral RX One Shot packets to make it a little easier for her. Or if you have a small quarantine or hospital tank, you could just have her pop them in there until you are able to dip them.

That is a good amount of coral to unpack, drip/acclimate, and get situated. You could also get a Rubbermaid tote or container and have her hold them in there until you can get back to them.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would. Although my corals from AquaSD have generally been clean'ish, I have found some hitchhikers. Plus..it is called good practices.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If memory serves, I believe orange is one of the main distinctions between the similar looking lobos and acans. Most of the time if it has orange it is an Acanthastrea pachysepta, no orange= lobophyllia

tanner h

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always dip your corals bro!

You could get some of the Coral RX One Shot packets to make it a little easier for her. Or if you have a small quarantine or hospital tank, you could just have her pop them in there until you are able to dip them.

That is a good amount of coral to unpack, drip/acclimate, and get situated. You could also get a Rubbermaid tote or container and have her hold them in there until you can get back to them.
If I setup a container for her to just put them in till I get home what all do I need ? Do I need some live rock in their or a power head and heater , they will probably be in their for about 6 hours

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I setup a container for her to just put them in till I get home what all do I need ? Do I need some live rock in their or a power head and heater , they will probably be in their for about 6 hours
Heater, small power head wouldn’t hurt

bondsgot73

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a sump I would just have her float them in there.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UniqueCorals.com shop rare & farmed corls
Back